• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

I washed and waxed my Jeep twice and then had new front speakers and a new Kenwood deck installed for the XXX car show. :)

I've been a little busy so I finally got the MC and ABS thingy(big chunk of something under the MC) out I had to cut both of my front brake lines Doh!

The ABS pump looks like a crazy maze. I'll dig into that tomorrow.

Well I didn't do it but my local hooligans helped me.
25661_119423404735197_100000026132546_305675_6729486_n.jpg

Cut and re-welded my JCR sliders so they'd work with my RK long arms. Haven't installed them yet. Painted them, going to install tomorrow.

Here's some pictures of my welds, not the greatest but they'll work.

IMG00100-20100417-1625.jpg

IMG00101-20100417-1625.jpg

Here they are painted.

IMG00102-20100417-1854.jpg

My boyfriend tinted my ambers/reds with Niteshade - looks badass. He also installed blue LEDs on my floorboards in the front and back as well as the vents. Mmmm sexy. My boyfriend is awesome. :loveu:

I noticed some play in my front axle u-joints a couple days ago. I picked up some Spicers to replace them, and dug into the project today. I was shocked when I was able to remove the drivers side joint by hand. The ears on the shafts were stretched so bad I ended up using my spare shaft to rebuild instead. The splines on the inner shaft were also fairly twisted as well. That shaft/joint had over a year of wheeling on it, so I can't complain too much.

fixed my jeep it was the starter motor relay. and a mostly dead battery

I was shocked when I was able to remove the drivers side joint by hand.

o_O

i did my passenger side u-joint on sunday.

IMG_1797.jpg

i wish it was as easy as dustin's.
ha!

i can never get that darn harbor freight tool to work for me.
it seems like it gets out of alignment as i tighten it - EVERY TIME!

also, the tone ring made removing the c-clips a real @#%@)#(%
it wasn't so bad on the drivers side last year..
it just seemed like i couldnt get much of an angle on those puppies this time around.

this was also the first time i left the hub on.
i dunno why i ever wasted time separating the shaft from the hub in the past.
although, it was a bit more awkward removing the shaft with the added weight.
(i totally drug my splines through some dusty rusty goodness in the tube as i pulled it out)
but they cleaned up fine.

Last edited:
What are you guys using to change u joints? I've been trying to change out the ones on my axles, and the front drive shaft I'm going to use for my SYE, it's a pain. Thinking about calling Driveline Tech and seeing how much they'd charge in labor. But I'd like to be able to do them myself so I can change them in the future.

I use the Harbor Freight U-joint press (here). I've definitely gotten my moneys worth out of it. If you have an impact gun it makes it even easier to bust free old rusted joints (just make sure you remove the clips first ;)).

Also, if your looking for u-joints check with Brian at Driveline Tech. That's where I get my Spicers from. He usually has the 785's in stock for the drive line, and can get other models in within a day. I'm sure he could install them too for a fair price as well.

Back