• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

aight, so yesterday, memorial day, I went out to finish welding up my frame stiffeners. as soon as I had a new roll of wire loaded I ran out of gas. Living down the street from Maverick doesn't do me any good on memorial day, so I called up a buddy in sandy to borrow a tank, he says he only has straight co2, and I have to wait until 1:30 to pick it up. So I get home at 3pm (had to bs for a while) and low and behold his tank has a male fitting for the regulator instead of a female. fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

So I found a roll of flux wire and used that hot nasty runny shit to tack the passenger side stiffener in place, and I'll get a tank on the way home from work today and finish welding everything up. God I hate flux

So after work I was planning on going to maverick and getting a new tank, but they close at 5. I called them at 4:35 from my work in vancouver to let them know I might not make it by 5 and they said they didnt plan on waiting. somehow, magically, I made it from exit 1 on hwy 14 to maverick in oregon city in 21 minutes at 4:40 in the afternoon. As I pull up at 5:01 dude is locking the front door saying I'm shit outta luck, so I grabbed my empty tank and put on my sad puppy face and he said he would sell me a tank of gas for $20 cash instead of $35 if I had a $20 bill and he didnt have to fire back up the register to run a card. I had $2 on me.

he ran my card anyways. Frame stiffeners are done. rubber undercoating in a can is pretty awesome stuff

not sessarly what i did to my jeep but more to the point of what i did for my jeep
i got a horse now i kneed a trailer
imag0406x.jpg

03 dodge ram cummins turbo diesel. i love it. had it sence yesterday

Sweet, nice truck man.

So after work I was planning on going to maverick and getting a new tank, but they close at 5. I called them at 4:35 from my work in vancouver to let them know I might not make it by 5 and they said they didnt plan on waiting. somehow, magically, I made it from exit 1 on hwy 14 to maverick in oregon city in 21 minutes at 4:40 in the afternoon. As I pull up at 5:01 dude is locking the front door saying I'm shit outta luck, so I grabbed my empty tank and put on my sad puppy face and he said he would sell me a tank of gas for $20 cash instead of $35 if I had a $20 bill and he didnt have to fire back up the register to run a card. I had $2 on me.

he ran my card anyways. Frame stiffeners are done. rubber undercoating in a can is pretty awesome stuff

I would say you might want to put up something about this in the NWC Buyer/Seller Feedback sticky thread in the Sale/Wanted section. Sounds like a good review to me even know they were closed and leaving not only did he give you a chance to save $15 he still ran a card for you and got you on the road with your tank. Good think you got there before they left though I call that some pretty good customer service I think. I might have to check that place out myself.

ordered a new CB antenna so I will have a working CB again.

I didn't do anything to my xj today but the lights I orderd for it came in today.
251076_213094495396928_100000891362027_620227_1065106_n.jpg

Ive got the green ones, very pointless, but kinda fun to drive around the backroads at night with just the green floodlights on. I should post them up in the karma thread so they do something other than sit in a box in the garage.

Checked the fluids, added a few quarts of oil (don't ask), torqued the suspension, found a few bolts that were scary loose, and then decided to tackle a little project...

My battery tray exploded at EJS. Since I didn't want to have to fail myself at tech inspection at NWF, I decided to do something about it.
P1010032.jpg

After taking way longer than it should have...
P1010033-2.jpg

P1010035.jpg

Yesterday i R&R'd my 231J T-case..

Today, With a little help from Redjeep2.0 I got some 760x U-joints installed, with full circle clips and welded caps..

Tomorrow i will be installing them,along with a new Spicer U-bolt Yoke for the Dana 30, and a new front driveline..

Gave it the winter off for the next few coming years...

dsc_0566.jpg

took the doors off, lower the rear end, installed rear limiting straps, started on my fenders for the rear

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

Finished wiring electric fan conversion. The digital controls are nice
Flushed power steering.
Finished mounting my spare beadlock
Cleaned out the back

My Wife painted all my interior panals black.

Back