• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you towing with?

08 2500 QCSB Bighorn. 6.7, G56, 4.10's
Efi live, Egr/DPF gone. Estimated around 450/1000. She flat cruises.
towing_zpskgs6or8j.jpg

20161002_131755_zps2cn2sfpg.jpg

2014 ferd f1500 with the mighty 5.0
11091923995c58ebb6f435e7bfbc78b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How are you liking the new 5.0? I was walking around a dealer while my 09 5.4 was getting serviced and the salesman tried to sell me on the eco boost and its superior tow capacity..... Ford could loose me to Nissan or Dodge if they don't step up to a 1/2 ton diesel. Of course it will be a few years before I buy I hope......

How are you liking the new 5.0? I was walking around a dealer while my 09 5.4 was getting serviced and the salesman tried to sell me on the eco boost and its superior tow capacity..... Ford could loose me to Nissan or Dodge if they don't step up to a 1/2 ton diesel. Of course it will be a few years before I buy I hope......

Have you towed with an EcoBoost? Once you do, you won't want a 5.0!

Have you towed with an EcoBoost? Once you do, you won't want a 5.0!

Never driven a ecoboost. So no. What is so great about a twin turbo'd v6 that makes it tow better than a v8? Economy?

Never driven a ecoboost. So no. What is so great about a twin turbo'd v6 that makes it tow better than a v8? Economy?

Power. I've towed with both. Bought the boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love it. Orignaily I wanted and ecoboost but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on this, and the exhaust note with 50k mi now is perfect. Ive never heard a ecoboost that sounds good. A tune really woke it up. I don't tow much but my trip I went over 5-6 mountain passes each way and still got 11-12 mpg hand caculated on 34" tires. Empty going to montana I get between 19-21 (summer time) depending on wind and how fast in want to go.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I towed with an Eco boost out to Moab and loved the power! It really shined when going over the mountains, I had no trouble, even passed the other rigs in our group.

Power. I've towed with both. Bought the boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've towed with both also and if I had the chance to buy, I would choose the Eco boost.

Very broad power band. Gas mileage sucks when towing, but I get 18 to 22 unloaded. Tows way better than my Chevy 5.3 ever did. (I'm on my second ecoboost)

Agreed on the mileage while towing but with great power there is almost always a downside.

I towed with an Eco boost out to Moab and loved the power! It really shined when going over the mountains, I had no trouble, even passed the other rigs in our group.

You passed me in a tuned dually diesel hauling a two place trailer coming out of Denver on I70.

mac 'I said that's the next 1/2 ton I'd buy' gyvr

Thanks for the education guys. I appreciate the info especially coming from people I know and trust. :cheers:

You passed me in a tuned dually diesel hauling a two place trailer coming out of Denver on I70.

mac 'I said that's the next 1/2 ton I'd buy' gyvr

I didn't want to call you out or anything....

But yeah, I did.:D

I didn't want to call you out or anything....

But yeah, I did.:D

The Ecco boost was most impressive.

mac 'power on tap' gyvr

Back