• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what are YOU shooting these days?

goalies are either insane or not very good! I played 3 yrs of rec. lacrosse and 2yrs of high school-- never was afraid to step in front of a shot, but wished I hadn't a few times.

I watched a friend of mine from rec league die on the field and decided it wasn't that important anymore (he took a shot to the chest that stopped his heart, but it was determined that he had a deficiency from birth that could have gotten him at any time)

baseball and softball took up my time after that-- same dangers, but much lower chance of death!

Skilled second baseman available-- if anyone's in need:wave:

That's tough. They started making goalies wear neck protection when I was playing because a college goalie took a shot in the neck that killed him instantly.

I used to do a fear shot... Crank one right into the defenders face mask. Next time you wind up in front of them they tend to duck which gives almost a free goal since the goalie has no idea a shot is coming.

One nice tip to share for y'all, these stick in the ground signs make great target holders and you can find em just about anywhere. Helps clean up your town too! We remove them from properties all the time for work.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332349232.716672.jpg

That's tough. They started making goalies wear neck protection when I was playing because a college goalie took a shot in the neck that killed him instantly.

I used to do a fear shot... Crank one right into the defenders face mask. Next time you wind up in front of them they tend to duck which gives almost a free goal since the goalie has no idea a shot is coming.

i played defense in rec league.... nothing better than being a 16yo kid stopping a college wannabe's shot with your noggin ;)

bushmaster AR pretty well decked out, sig sp2022 9, currently carry a kahr cw45 great gun but needs to have some more rounds ran through it before i fully trust it, my baby a Kimber 1911 and couple others here and there

bushmaster AR pretty well decked out, sig sp2022 9, currently carry a kahr cw45 great gun but needs to have some more rounds ran through it before i fully trust it, my baby a Kimber 1911 and couple others here and there

we need to hit a range together soon........

GOt some range time in with the Mosin, 10/22 and model 60 today. Tomorrow .500 mag and a badass shotgun. :D

a badass shotgun. :D

i took my stepdads brand new browning citori grade 5 over under in a 16ga. flavor quail hunting a few weekends ago. It may not be "tactical" sweet but it was definitely a sweet gun. He has some really nice bird guns, including a remington made auto-5 from the 40's or 50's and another field grade citori 28 ga.

short"one shot one kill"xjdoug

pics will come if yall want but heres a run down

Pistols
1911 Springfield armory full size full wilson combat hop up .45
1911 ATI commander a few hop up goodies .45
1911 Rock Island officer with full wison combat hop up .45
FNP45. 14+1 cap .45
Ruger DC90. .45
KelTec P3A/T .380
Colt Model 1903. it is nearly 100 yrs old and still fires like a champ .32

my Maverick88 is all home defence and loaded with hate and discontent. 12G

Rifles
KelTec Sub 2000 carbine chambered in .40
KelTec SU16C full tach'd out and out does any AR15. 5.56
3 Ruger 10/22s
HK91. semi automatic 308 (7.62x51) it rattles teeth
Remington 700. built to the gills and good for 5in group@ 1000yds. also 308

The Wife's
Taurus Judge Public Defender
S/W sigma40

and enough ammo to keep em all very noisy.

Last edited:
Got out to a range in Cullowhee this weekend. My buddy shot his Sig 226, Walther P22, and Winchester .22. We zeroed/problem solved his dad's Del-ton M4. I shot the Ruger Single Six, Sig 516, S&W 15-22, and mostly the Mossberg 802 bolt action .22lr. I zeroed that and then started having some fun. Popped stuff all over the range, which we had to ourselves most of the time, and even managed to hit a Mtn Dew bottle and half a rim of a clay pigeon at 150yds. Took some tries considering all we had was Winchester 555 bulk .22lr. I will now be looking for some match grade .22lr for that rifle. Oh and a spotting scope.

Sounds good to me Doug we need to get together period its been a while man

Picked up my k98 and cleaned it all up, bore cleaned right up nice and shiny. its a byf 44 mauser 98k, so it was a mauser oberndorf manufactured piece made in 1944. the bolt and receiver #'s match but it looks to have been re-arsenaled during the war, since the stock doesnt match and it has a kreigsmodell stamped floorplate but all the other parts are milled like prewar mausers and have locking screws. im pleased that its an early 44 mauser since the kriegsmodell receivers are not as nicely milled. The sling looks original and well used, so it hasnt been sitting in a crate forever. All in all im pleased with the find, its got more character than the rebuilt, refinished mitchells that i hear horror stories about.

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

acceptance proofs still have the swastika in the center, so its not a capture, and i cant seem to find any import marks on it anywhere, would be sweet if it was a bring-back rifle.

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

here's the reason i got it for under 3 bills, someone drilled and tapped 4 tiny holes in the receiver to mount this weaver k4 60-b on it. from what i have been reading it was a hot shit scope in the 60's and 70's. its still in good shape, ill put it on a plinker down the road.
IMG_0296.jpg

the bolt gun collection so far
IMG_0295.jpg

My firearms are back in the states unfortunately. I have the AR15 I built, xD9 and Winchester 30-30.

IMG_0074.JPG

Killer thing about this Osprey Optics scope is that it offers a blue reticle. I'm colorblind, so red and green reticles generally just fade in to the background. They are also made in the USA and have amazing warranties. Great guys to deal with.

Great find Doug!

Since the receiver is already drill and tapped for scope mounts, I leave the old school scope mounted and point it down range!

K98-Sniper.jpg

Back