• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

I love the look of the Irok, and my 36x13.5r15 Bias Ply ones worked great when I had them. The 39.5's on a 20" rim sucked though. I think I only took the 42" ones out once before I parted out the YJ and I can't remember if they were bias or radial. They seemed a lot better than the 39.5's and were on 17's, but again, not much use on them.

"Our" Iroks were radials, Dutch.:D

Current status of buggy:

20161127_123459_zpscer82tmr.jpg

:laugh:

Split Rail fence co calls it the "Highlands Ranch"... It was HOA mandated there.

That's a good looking fence, what do they call that style?

I got it from google, via "picture frame" fence.

I was rather picky about our fence, not a fan of the "OEM" dog ear style.

I will say, nothing like spending $8k on a fence a couple weeks after you buy a house...

But, I do have a 14' swing gate now :D

We really need to get it stained. Unfortunately I put it off, and now I'll need to pressure wash the fence and then stain it ASAP this spring.

Mine hasn't moved. Or changed. Axles are with Dutch. Missed a pickup with rockrwlr for a trans. Doubler is on same condition it was when I got it. Nothing has been welded or removed. Tires are a few months out.

Mine hasn't moved. Or changed. Axles are with Dutch. Missed a pickup with rockrwlr for a trans. Doubler is on same condition it was when I got it. Nothing has been welded or removed. Tires are a few months out.

Sounds like there needs to be a different thread for us slackers. .

"What should you be doing to your rig but aren't"

I got sick and haven't touched mine in a couple weeks. I even missed working on it over the 4 day weekend! I feel like my jeep is getting very disappointed with me!

I just know the timeframe for completion is a ways off so I'm in no rush to get out there and screw things up already :D
Hopefully when I snag the axles I can meet up with you and at least get drive line assembled and in.

Sounds like there needs to be a different thread for us slackers. .

"What should you be doing to your rig but aren't"

I got sick and haven't touched mine in a couple weeks. I even missed working on it over the 4 day weekend! I feel like my jeep is getting very disappointed with me!

Don't feel bad. Mine was sitting directly outside my front door for a year. :anon:

Ugh...wood fences might be the death of me. Why is the buggy outside?

Buggy is in storage to make way for my other coming build.

20161202_131436_zpsct0g1bb2.jpg

While there is enough room in the shop for both rigs, I did agree to let Nikki park in one "bay" during the winter.

Cleaned up the shop, pressure washed the floor, and got it pushed in this afternoon.

20161204_140622_zpsw6d3umu9.jpg

I'll work on getting the interior out and finish up the floorboard. It was "driveable" before I started, just needed the floorboard taken care of, a new brakeline, and a good once over. I'm going to get it driveable again, then start getting the mass amount of parts I have on it and the axles built :D

This past weekend I tore into the trans to check out the valve body to see if it might be the culprit. I took apart every valve and small parts to make sure everything was in there correctly. Everything checked out...except for the OD accumulator clutch spring. What was in there looks like one of the springs included with the transgo shift kit. Luckily I just picked up a trans that I could rob the parts off of (Thank you Flores and Mike!).

Pictured on the left is the spring that I took out. The two on the right are what were supposed to be there.

From the transgo shift kit instructions...

Gotta love finding all these mistakes in something that I had paid good money for. :gonnablow This thing has been fighting me for over a year now. It makes me wonder what else could be wrong internally.

It does seem to shift better, and not require as much throttle in over drive to maintain speed. I'm hoping it'll now pass emissions so I can finally start driving this thing again! :confused1

I'm thinking that as long as I have the timing cover off when I replace the seal, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to replace the timing chain. I've been doing some searching but I there's a lot of noise out there.

From what I gather, Chrysler changed some of the specifics on the design of the chain sets for the 4.0 and that I should be careful to get the right one for my 2001. Is this a valid assumption?

Second, are there any preferred brands that people go with? And, besides the really cheap brands, are there any to seriously avoid?

Third, what else should I be looking at while I'm in there? I don't want to take the cam out because I don't have to. But anything else on the front end need to be replaced? I'm going to do the water pump and the hoses since the radiator is coming out.

Back