• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

31112332751_292c59df0a_b.jpg

It's always something.

31112332751_292c59df0a_b.jpg

It's always something.

Got a 231 that has an hd sye on it...I stripped the rear 1310 yoke to do quick drive shafts on my xj out of the old 1310 cardans...The case worked fine b4 pulled in favor of an Atlas ...I would say the chain is getting old not junk but could use replaced . Case is free it is just sitting next to my trailer .

Busy day off...I built a set of 4.5" flare scrambler corners at TNT, went down to Westminster and started on my little sisters jku 2.5" Rubicon express lift, got some 315s mounted on my stock Tacoma, went back and finished the lift, and made it up to Loveland in time to grab a ring from Jareds for my wife's

The resurrection of my sad machine from long-term unplanned hibernation is underway.

Welcome back Doug! Look forward to seeing you post up with progress reports!

Busy day off...I built a set of 4.5" flare scrambler corners at TNT, went down to Westminster and started on my little sisters jku 2.5" Rubicon express lift, got some 315s mounted on my stock Tacoma, went back and finished the lift, and made it up to Loveland in time to grab a ring from Jareds for my wife's

So David you working at TnT ?...and how does a Taco do with 35s and no regear ?...lol...all I did was buy steel for the weekend plans .

So David you working at TnT ?...and how does a Taco do with 35s and no regear ?...lol...all I did was buy steel for the weekend plans .

I have worked part time at TNT for like a year and a half, it is my fun money generator.. Taco with no regear and big tires tries to heat up the trans a bunch going up hills in 5th gear, but knock it back into 4th and it cools right down to 150-160*. It will still light up and spin the tires goosing it from a stop.

I have worked part time at TNT for like a year and a half, it is my fun money generator.. Taco with no regear and big tires tries to heat up the trans a bunch going up hills in 5th gear, but knock it back into 4th and it cools right down to 150-160*. It will still light up and spin the tires goosing it from a stop.

Just curious since I had 33 ssr swampers on ny old ZJ. 318 with 3.73 and it suuuuucked ...but it was only a 3+ od transmission ...lol...the Dodge however pulls the 8,000lbs of Jeep and trailer plud 600 lbs of tools and steel in the bed at over the speed limit up grade on us 285 on 35 muds and stock 3.73s...lol...guess you called it righ on the V8 ZJ being a slug .

Why don't they make 37's for 15" rims anymore? WTH??!!! Only Interco and Toyo offer them. Stupid JK's ruin everything.

Why don't they make 37's for 15" rims anymore? WTH??!!! Only Interco and Toyo offer them. Stupid JK's ruin everything.

The 17 inch wwhel revolution for offroad tires...according...to Joshua Lo-waaa-stein was kicked off by Walker Evans and his tire and wheel testing done where he took various wheel sizes mounted on a set of tires and tested them by bumping ledges at speed to see which one gave the best results and 17s were the size he concluded worked best...So Jk owners and Waljer Evans are why I need to spend $1500 to upgrade my 15 beadlocks to 17s so I can choose between 43sx stickys or 42 trep stickys ..Interco does make a 42 Irok sticky in a 15 but not sure I want the Irok they don'y look as bad ass as Treps or Tsl sx .

I love the look of the Irok, and my 36x13.5r15 Bias Ply ones worked great when I had them. The 39.5's on a 20" rim sucked though. I think I only took the 42" ones out once before I parted out the YJ and I can't remember if they were bias or radial. They seemed a lot better than the 39.5's and were on 17's, but again, not much use on them.

I don't think much of any of it has to do with really the "offroad" market like us.

When I was at Discount, we noticed this trending...and that was nearly 8ish+ years ago.

Looks at the wheel size of most vehicle manufacturers. How many vehicles do you see with 15" OEM wheels? Next to none outside of maybe some cars.

Most vehicles these days have 16" minimum, but 17"+ is now the standard.

The days of the 15" market being there, aren't much around anymore. There's a lot more money to be made and stock to move in the 17" area.

I'm perfectly happy with the OE 16's on my 7.3L

My neighbor went from 20's on his newer Ram to 17's and was much happier with the ride. He also went up to 35's.

My Jetta (98) still runs 14's. Last set, $240 out the door. Oh yeah.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Pfffft. 13's on the Honda. Brand new snow tires, 110 installed. :D
The new jeep tires were a great deal, but still sucked at 1400 for the set.
Ordered Ash new toyos in 33/17 flavor for under 700 and got my 10ply toyos mid 600'sfor the set

Pfffft. 13's on the Honda. Brand new snow tires, 110 installed. :D
The new jeep tires were a great deal, but still sucked at 1400 for the set.
Ordered Ash new toyos in 33/17 flavor for under 700 and got my 10ply toyos mid 600'sfor the set

35s for the tow rig $1000 ...Jeep is going to be $3000 and wheels will suck as well I could run the 44s despite their age ...But I want cheater tires , So I can walk stuff you guys spin tires on and then taje the credit like it was my driving not the cheater tires

Back