• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

How do you like the LEDs? Up until now, I have only use them on my model steam locomotives for headlights.

Is there a place that gives comparisons vis-a-vis lumens output? I would be interested as every watt of power pulled off of the Alternator is directly returned as power to the ground.

And we are all aware about how I feel about power to the ground...
Clicking on each light should give you a lumens output per light. I for one LOVE LED lighting.
http://olympusoffroad.3dcartstores.com/Zeus-Off-Road-Lighting_c_12.html

Didn't get as much done today as I would've liked, but I did mock up my quarter panel armor and finished 1/2 of my truss. Also boxed-in my UCA mount. Have to fully weld it all in tomorrow and paint it.

Getting ready for emissions, found the inside of the distributor cap coated with oil. I think I have isolated that random knocking sound; I know what I'll be doing after work tonight.

Getting ready for emissions, found the inside of the distributor cap coated with oil. I think I have isolated that random knocking sound; I know what I'll be doing after work tonight.
Engine sounds much better now. I was so happy about stabbing the distributor on the first try, I added another chassis ground. :)

Grounds are good!

So forced induction is really picky with gas, and I managed to find a bad batch of 91 at my local station. Drive half a tank out and I get to spent tonight pumping the rest out so I can have a full tank of good fuel headed over the passes tomorrow towing 3000 lbs.

That sucks, Doug!

BTW, the highway is clear, except for all the idiots that drive them... and some orange cones.

Doug there is a Costco near you that has great gas from Conoco Phillips, filters changed sooner then EPA regulations and injection cleaner added at no cost. I run 91 in mine and may pay a little extra when the cost of a barrel changes but a little extra for cheap insurance so I'm not having to pump it out. I will never go to a Sinclair's again once I was educated about how companies process their fuel.

I might have my high-idle problem sorted out. :)

I swapped the Throttle Body for one that has less lateral play in the shaft. When I went to re-install the CCV tube, I noticed the rubber elbow had hardened and cracked. DOH!!!

Back