• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What a day

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Just finished my last 1lb can of Bullseye from the 5 I bought a couple of weeks ago, 3,000 more rounds to go in the .45acp stuff then I can start on the .308, .223 and 30-06. Now I got to run out and pick up another few cans and three more 1,000 round boxes of primers. The upside is I now have a few clear spots on the workbench where I was storing the brass in bags after tumbling it and loaded stuff is now filling the storage locker. Wish now I had bought one of those kegs at the last gun show, I actually would have used the whole thing.
Gotta stop being lazy and reload the stuff as I shoot it instead of buying off the shelf rounds.

Just finished my last 1lb can of Bullseye from the 5 I bought a couple of weeks ago, 3,000 more rounds to go in the .45acp stuff then I can start on the .308, .223 and 30-06. Now I got to run out and pick up another few cans and three more 1,000 round boxes of primers. The upside is I now have a few clear spots on the workbench where I was storing the brass in bags after tumbling it and loaded stuff is now filling the storage locker. Wish now I had bought one of those kegs at the last gun show, I actually would have used the whole thing.
Gotta stop being lazy and reload the stuff as I shoot it instead of buying off the shelf rounds.

Good on you

I have got an RCBS progressive that I still have to set up for .40 S&W, and a MEC for 12ga.

Good on you

I have got an RCBS progressive that I still have to set up for .40 S&W, and a MEC for 12ga.

When I finally find another job I plan on a dillion progressive for the .45's.
I have a mec for a 20 ga, need another one for the 12ga's we have. They work pretty well as simple as they are.

Dillon-550 for the various rifle and a -650 with auto case feeder dedicated to 45ACP.
Had them shipped 1/2 way across the country when I bought them, and now I actually live about 3 blocks from Dillon Precision.:D

Any day reloading is a pretty good day. I do a lot more of it during the winter than I do during the summer, so I've just started again. I've spent the past few eveinings working on .338WM, getting brass prepped and primed takes most of the time.

I keep waiting for component prices to head down- and I think they would have if BHO hadn't won the election. Metals prices are falling as fast as gas, but that won't affect ammo or components now. All I need is a few thousand primers and bullets for .223, along with powder. Maybe it's time to sell some brass.

I've spent the past few evenings working on .338WM, getting brass prepped and primed takes most of the time.

Bottle necked brass sure is a pain in the butt, isn't it? I reloaded .45 on a progressive press for 5 or 6 years before I started reloading rifle. Never realized how easy I had it. Tumble it, throw it in the hopper and crank away!

My first batch of .308 took forever.

Dillon-550 for the various rifle and a -650 with auto case feeder dedicated to 45ACP.
Had them shipped 1/2 way across the country when I bought them, and now I actually live about 3 blocks from Dillon Precision.:D

Ever meet any of the catalog girls?

Back