• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weldable threaded studs

All I have ever used were grade 8 bolts and then welded them. Never had a problem.

What are you trying to build?In my arms and other projects I use chromoly all-thread in 1" to 1-1/4"

i have heard of others doing that also.no problems even with the head being flat instead of curved to fit ?

Older versions of the Johnny Joints were the same thing, just a bolt welded onto the bushing housing. Im pretty sure theyre not coped to fit either.

Ballistic Fab also has threaded weld-on shanks.

I run a modified Ford radius are setup. For a joint, I use RE SuperJoints. I take a 1" fine thread grade 8 bolt and set it against the Superjoint housing, then weld it all the way around.

Older versions of the Johnny Joints were the same thing, just a bolt welded onto the bushing housing. Im pretty sure theyre not coped to fit either.

Ballistic Fab also has threaded weld-on shanks.
I am well aware that ballastic carries the weldable studs.i was looking for some at a better price.i feel 14? 14 -17 dollars is steep for what your getting.which is probably why old man used grade 8 bolts lol.

No but I got a new Nikon D5000 camera and I am thinking about taking the pix and posting it. Enough of you guys have bugged me for them.

Right now I am doing a writeup on swapping in a 2001 WJ steering pump to help steering and run my hydro assist setup.

My server crashed and I haven'g gotten it back up.

...,no problems even with the head being flat instead of curved to fit ?
It's not that hard to cup the bolt head to match the Joint body.

The old Toys by Troy Alumaflex kits used bolts with the heads turned down(lathe) to remove the flats, and cupped on the same machine they used to radius bumper tubing ends. If you're need them in bulk, and don't have the equipment, a local machine shop can turn down, cup, and chamfer the bolt heads for welding pretty cheap. (takes about 1 minute for the whole operation with the machines set up) If you go that route, ask about pricing for bulk quantities(100 or 500 at a time)

Back