• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weld in cage kits

Pretty cool guys. I talked to Chris for a while after work today. The foot plates are 5x4 3/16 with 4 3/8 holes in them for tying in under the floor. The foot plates have beleved edges and rounded corners for easier welding.
I saw the plates, but they are an additional $36. I think I'll probably just make my own from some stock I have on hand already.

You guys are really close to Stump but IDK what he charges. Also Tyler is right there too. If you are close to Hayseville, NC Andy with Ironman 4x4 fad is there. All excellent fabricators.

Stump is currently closed for business as he has his own rig to finish between now and July.

If he'd lay off the boat making and racing in Charleston he would be done already! ;) :laugh: :rof:

I'd spend the money and take it to Tyler at Rocksolid, to Mitch with for sure.......but Since HD offroad is an hour away I took it to Brian.

Shipping out tomorrow after they box it up today. Not too bad. Got a meet and greet in two weeks but after that Saturday it's going in.

Hey Will did you get yours fully installed yet? I saw a couple of pics in the "Weekend's over" thread, but I don't think I saw a completed pic. How did it turn out? Any unexpected issues to mention? I still haven't ordered mine yet. Had a few too many hits to the bank account recently :banghead:

It's all in the Jeep, but I'm not done with it. I'm going to make an X or something on the B pillar to the harness bar top and bottom, and either stick with the two tubes running down middle like in the front, or do a diamond. I have a notcher now, so it's pretty easy to do this straight stuff. I just took these, garage is kinda dark.
upaheju8.jpg

e6a2y7ed.jpg

ytyzu7u4.jpg

epynazus.jpg
ene5y2uj.jpg
5u2u6e8e.jpg
myvu3a9e.jpg

It fits pretty well, I might could squeeze the headliner back in (seems like it hangs down low without it), but it definitely would have been all burnt up when I welded it in. I think it could be squeezed up forward another 1/2" or so (just have to make sure you can pull the headlight switch out). I'm happy with it though.

I wish the A pillars had a 10* bend after the lower dash bend to kick it in off the side of the floor pan. Definitely should have prepped the floor better. There is a soft rubbery like spray on stuff all over the floor. It likes to catch on fire.

Just curious, when you ordered did you spec the kit for a no carpet installation? I saw somewhere on their site that you should let them know if you'll be installing it in a vehicle with no carpet.

Cage looks great.

How does the weight distribution feel now that you have that extra lbs up above the center line? Still fairly stable?

Thanks! I havent noticed a difference.

Just curious, when you ordered did you spec the kit for a no carpet installation? I saw somewhere on their site that you should let them know if you'll be installing it in a vehicle with no carpet.

I told Chris when i ordered it, and i called to make sure they saw it. I dont know if they really make a change or not. You could tell them that and if you took your headliner out they might add on another inch.

Only reason I asked was because I was reading an old Pirate thread about the D&C cage kits and the guy forgot to tell them. He said his sat lower than he liked because of it. Anyway, looks like it's gonna be Neverary 32nd before I can order mine. Every time I turn around we are getting hit in the bank account again. Had to pay $700 today for the remainder of my CT scan bill that insurance isn't going to cover. I guess it's better that they told me while I was there instead of getting a bill in two weeks for that much :banghead:

That is about how much mine opens.

Back