• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weirdest thing you've seen .......

iBarsky

NAXJA Forum User
....while out wheel'n? The other night while trying to get a friend's younger brother and a couple of his friends unstuck we ran into a very new Audi parked in the middle of the trail. We were quite a ways from any kind of decent road(dirt or otherwise) and I have no idea how it got in there as we were in a semibuilt YJ and a lifted Trooper w/rear locker and it was challenging getting in and out. My first thought was stolen car and it may well have been, but as we got closer we noticed a guy leaned up on the hood talking on his cell. We stopped beside him and waited for him to acknowledge us or something but he just looked at us and turned back to his conversation. The guy I was riding with decided that he apparently didn't need help too much after we set there for 4-5 minutes waiting for him to finish talking or something so we kept going. 4hrs later the car and guy were gone when we started out. Wish I had pics of it and of the stuck kids that we pulled out, but wife doesn't like me taking the camera out wheel'n anymore since the last two were expensive to replace. Lets just say we spent 3 1/2+hrs getting a tj unstuck from the mud and a Suburban unwedged from between two trees and the mud. At least I got to drive the 'burban out. To make a long(too damn long I think) post short, whats the weirdest, funniest, most out of place thing you've seen while out wheeling?

I've seen alot of minivans on the trails at Windrock. I think most were there to see the windmills, but its still weird.

iBarsky, I would bet that person was up to no good and when he saw there was more than a couple of you he just left well enough alone.

The funniest thing was me locking the keys in the Jeep, 10 miles up on the trail. And my spare key box had fallen off. But a hammer fixed that problem while every one watched me beat the glass out. I still catch crap from my buddies on this one.

window3.jpg

McLovin wheel a welded 35 on 33-15.50 SX swampers up Lower 2 without breaking anything!

not to mention, he wheeld that D35 since he got the jeep... so it's held up to those tires and being welded quite well for some reason...

Yeah xjtrailrider, we've got so many methcookers and just general crazies and crooks around here that you'll find more rigs around here with guns than with tools, spares or straps. We did notify the landowner about the guy the next day.

About the extra key, I rely on industrial velcro and Gorilla Glue.

I had a buddy who shot a screw thru part of his bumper with the key on the inside so that it would never fall off. I get a call one day from him wanting me to bring him an extra key I have. Turns out the key is no good without the screwdriver that is locked inside the truck. We call him Darwin.....

saw this on the net... for a second i thought, "wow, this has way better ground clearance than my XJ"... then i thought, wonder what it can do off road :roflmao:

nasty_donk_01.jpg

nasty_donk_02.jpg

Weirdest thing I ever saw.... A picture of Tim's jeep dirty... (99xjsport06)

MELKORsXJ said:
saw this on the net... for a second i thought, "wow, this has way better ground clearance than my XJ"... then i thought, wonder what it can do off road :roflmao:

nasty_donk_01.jpg

nasty_donk_02.jpg
Now that is truly usless! It looks like the axles are solid welded to the frame, must ride like a wagon.

from what i read... the wheels were custom made. and so were the tires, running 2600 a piece!!! yeah pretty retarded... but i'm sure the driver of that doesn't understand why we take our jeeps in the woods and tear them up either...

Back