• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

We got 1st place in class in 24 Hrs of LeMons road race in an XJ

Oh, I know Rich. Dad and I have both had people in what should be much better handling cars get in serious trouble when they've followed our XJ's into curves. I kinda figured the BMW's would have been as flat as that Jeep through the corners though.

OOPS, good save though:laugh3:

Scary is a very fast lane change in an 89 Isuzu trooper at 65 and coming off an icy steel grated bridge sideways, both of those almost required a trip to the ER to remove the seat covers from my ass.... I figure I used up my previous 20 years of good karma on those.

Scary is a very fast lane change in an 89 Isuzu trooper at 65 and coming off an icy steel grated bridge sideways, both of those almost required a trip to the ER to remove the seat covers from my ass.... I figure I used up my previous 20 years of good karma on those.

It's a good thing you had that built-up karma to use!

Here are some interesting pics from a rear facing, bumper mounted camera that was set to take a picture every 20 seconds:

BW3.jpg

BW8.jpg

And from when the camera car spent a few minutes waiting for a tow truck:

BW4.jpg

BW5.jpg

BW6.jpg

BW7.jpg

Another couple random pics from other people I've found on the net:

BW1.jpg

BW2.jpg

-Matt

When does the racing bring you out to TN?
When we get a sponsor who'll pay for 5000 miles of diesel fuel. Honestly, if I were a millionaire I'd race every of the 22 races across the country. Unfortunately, our budget allows for 2-3 per year, and all West Coast stuff (I'm based in Seattle). The trip to SoCal for this last race was tough enough.

-----Matt-----

No problem. The package containing your sponsor materials will arrive in 20-30 years.
Hmmm, the timing may prove tricky. If only there were a large, national club devoted to Cherokees that could sponsor us and help us spread the good word about XJs.

Actually, it's amazing how many people come by our paddock space during a race weekend and tell fond stories about the Cherokee they used to have, the one the currently own, or the one we've inspired them to buy.

-M

Yeah, sorry about that. :D

Should submit a proposal to the Nat'l BOD and see if you can get something allocated towards it.

I'll go ahead and say it; that idea borders on genius.

Okay, maybe not genius, but I like it.

The time-lapse bumper cam is very cool.

That big blue thing is just hot looking, I bet you get all the chicks!

Girls be scream'in "That Cherokee makes my pussy wet!"

MORE PHOTOS AND VIDEO PLEASE! We are not board yet.

Back