• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

water on the floor

Well I finally got the money together to buy an OEM door seal:clap:. Well my damn problem is still there, I replaced the old one w/a 2000 seal and the door is closing harder, due to the slightly bigger size, I sealed it w/the black wetherstrip adhesive. To no avail it acctually seems like it is leaking worse:huh: I am so disapointed I've gotten to the point were I'm going to just rip out the carpet, on the driverside, and let it dry as it comes in as opposed to staying there for ever and causing more rust.

I give up:wow:

I have the same problem in my 99, but on the pass side. The rain water dribbles from the door panel (plastic), it looks like the water runs trhough the window seal, into the insides of the door and then somehow channels right under the door pull. I can see the water marks from there. I read somewhere here that someone put (duck taped?) plastic sheet (as the older cars use to have) between the door and the inside plastic panel, cutting the water flow. I'm about to try this.....

Mine has started doing the EXACT same thing on the drivers side...leaking in the same spots, in the same way....and even in light rains. I'm tired of smelling mold and having to dry my carpet out every weekend.

I really don't think its coming from the firewall, as is the case with raypla, the area towards the firewall and behind the pedals is bone dry, and the area that goes up behind the plastic molding on the inside by the door is soaking wet, leading me to believe that it's the door seal...but I hate to do through the hassle of replacing it when it's not the problem...

I have the same problem on my 98 xj. The drivers side floor seems to be getting wet from the bottom up. I got underneath of it and saw that there was a small gap around the floor pan drain plug, so I put some RTV silicone around it figuring that would stop it but no such luck. Any thoughts?

I just had this start happening on my 01. We had a lot of rain last week, and I noticed the carpet was wet. I dried it out over the next few days and it looked fine. We have had rain nonstop the last 24 hours, and now the carpet is soaked again. It looks like it is dripping down the weatherseal to the door sill, and then leaching in under the door sill seal.

If it ever quits raining, I'm going to try and seal it up with weatherstrip silicone until I can get a new seal.

mine leaks but its because my doors are removable and i think the seal isn't keeping it out from around the door. It just trickles in right under the speaker.

firejeep6081 said:
I had a simalar problem with my '93 xj. The problem was the insulation type material around the heater core drain, where it exits the firewall. The water would run down the firewall when parked just right, and the insulation would become soaked and fill up the passenger side floor board. I just covered the outside of the insulation material with silicone and have not had a problem in about 4 years. The drain is located about ten inches below where the heater hoses enter the firewall. It is behind the charcoal canister. A pain to get to.

You can unbolt the bracket holding the charcoal canister to access this drain. More commonly called the A/C condensation drain.

Back