• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want your XJ in pictures?!

I figure there'll be plenty of NAXJA's finest and gnarliest available on Monday Danno, so I'll support your efforts on Sunday. (remember: on 32's, I'm still only a poster child for the 'somewhat' modified, to give all of the stock XJ dreamers out there some reasonable hope! :D )

Besides, on Monday, I might be doing some recon on whatever trails I've been assigned (assuming there actually IS a trails list!).

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Fore Wheeler said:
Yes Danno, I'll be bringing my slide projectors as well as the media equiptment to make this a show to out do any past shows. Good idea to bring yours for back up, you use Kodak machines?

Like Scott Mac mentioned, we'll be in Sunday sometime, the only reason I've kept living this long was the hope to be shot and published, if you wait for me I might put her on her roof for some good action shots, you've got a motor drive on your camera don't you. If not I do and you can use mine. :)

I'll have my EOS 630 good for 3 fps.....

BTW, best place for Kodak slide reels is Meijer's.........$13 each!

ChiXJeff

Photo shoot...

I want to leave Slickrock CG at 8:00AM on Monday and try to hit HR, Golden Crack, etc.
I'll go around Sunday with Mike and the guys who are there.
Mike, you know how photogenic "RED: is! 32's no less!

Re: Photo shoot...

Dan Riggs said:
I want to leave Slickrock CG at 8:00AM on Monday and try to hit HR, Golden Crack, etc.
I'll go around Sunday with Mike and the guys who are there.
Mike, you know how photogenic "RED: is! 32's no less!

Blue & Red are the most photogenic colors. :D

picture.JPG

SouthEast crowd

I am planning on being there Saturday, so I would be willing to go out Sunday. Have 32s and locked at both ends. I have ridden Moab on a motorcycle and a mtn bike, but nothing tough in the Jeep so be gentle as you intitiate me.

Keith "motorman" Douglas

Motorman!

We should start you out on Hell's Revenge! I led a group from Tenn. to Moab last June. They all had gnarly rigs, most were rock buggies with 44s and were use to mud and rocks. First day out we took them out on HR. Scared the s**t out of them. It really was amusing to my family. of course I remember MY first time out on it. The first hill we came to, my daughter shifted down into 1st and drove up it. They were going: "ah, that girl is not going to make it in a CHEROKEE. Crap, she did it.!"

Hey Danno,

I'll be wheeling 21 rd. with and probably arriving Sunday night with Sean if you want some low rider pix.

Crunch

Dan -
I'll be there Monday and would love to get in on a glory run. A green Jeep amidst all that slickrock is just what you'll need!

Jeff

If there is any place where some nice air time can be had, I wouldn't mind "Launching" for the cam for a four wheeler mag shot.

....or any other pics :D

This might not be the right place to ask this, but how do you get your pic over there?

<-----------------------<<<

XJRubicon said:
If there is any place where some nice air time can be had, I wouldn't mind "Launching" for the cam for a four wheeler mag shot.

....or any other pics :D

Hey, I just had a flashback of the 98 Moab trip that kicked off this whole NAXJA thing........some sand dunes were jumped in one shiny new 98 XJ.........HEY, where did all this wind noise come from?....and why can I see daylight through my doorjamb......Uh oh, how do you get a kink out of the roof of an XJ?:(.........wife's new XJ is driven home to Wash. and shortly thereafter, traded in on a Durango........:bawl:

well... so far I have had 3 good launches and my XJ is still not showing any of the common signs of damage as my last XJ did. I just came in for a break, I am working on rocker guards/frame sleeve tonight and maybe the rear bumper/reciever if I get nuts.

everything I have done so far is helping out alot!!!

but I really need to cage this beast.

Lawn Cher' said:
What'd they give you for the damaged XJ?

I was the one that didn't tweak my unibody while jumping the dunes.......although I did bury it up to the sliders later on while trying to avoid plowing over Beezil who was playing in traffic.........so how does he repay my gratitude? He posts shot of me in stuck mode...........in retrospect, I should have just given him an undercarriage shot. :D

The bent XJ was one of Glen's NWest friends that we thereafter called Crash.....not to be confused with the Crash we see posting here. I don't think he told the dealer a thing about the body ripple............some poor salesman prolly lost his job over taking it in on trade at full value:twak:

Back