• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wait to do taxes?

METAL MONKEY

NAXJA Forum User
Is there any reason why I should wait on the new stimulus package to do my taxes? I've heard several news stations say it might be a good idea.

Thanks

If you have a job and are NOT a union member, the democrats will not allow anything pass that would be stimulating to you, unless you have an STD.

I am waiting, Not because I Know there will be nothing in the stimulus plan, that will be stimulating. But, because I have to pay the FEDs $6.00, and I am going to wait till midnight 4-15, because I can. As far a Kalifornia taxes I am do a refund, but since the politicians in Sacramento are incapable of doing their job, surprise, they aren't sending the refunds now anyway. If I were to file my state taxes they would send me an IOU.

If I were to file my state taxes they would send me an IOU. Plus interest..That will give a buck or 2 more..LOL...We need all new up there..I say lets vote them all out of office next time..

Wait? Heck no! Tax season is the best time of the year! I always over pay my taxes so I can always get cash back. I think of it like a savings fund without interest that I withdraw each January and get a fat check every February. This year we got close to 6K back...having a baby sure does help though. Edit....besides, even if something else went through, I can't see them not reimbursing you in some way shape or form....one thing is for sure that they can't take any more than they already did, so I ask...why wait?

I agree with 53guy. I don't think they will pass some thing and then not give it to you/punish you for doing your taxes early.

Although I think it is BS to give them a bunch of money, basically an interest free loan, just to get a fat check in February.

I did do mine the other day. Might as well get it done, and if you are getting a refund the faster you do it the faster you get your refund. If I am paying I will wait until the 15th to send the check though. Gives me a little satisfaction making them wait, even though they will not notice it.

If you have a job and are NOT a union member, the democrats will not allow anything pass that would be stimulating to you, unless you have an STD.

I am waiting, Not because I Know there will be nothing in the stimulus plan, that will be stimulating. But, because I have to pay the FEDs $6.00, and I am going to wait till midnight 4-15, because I can. As far a Kalifornia taxes I am do a refund, but since the politicians in Sacramento are incapable of doing their job, surprise, they aren't sending the refunds now anyway. If I were to file my state taxes they would send me an IOU.

Same here.

I owe 80 bucks to the feds, I almost considered paying that to a tax guy in the hopes he could get it down to zero as I'd rather it go to him than the government.

I paid about 7K in taxes and get less than 800 back, and an IOU from state...

I file mine as early as possible so they cant find a reason to not pay me...

if you bought a house since the beginning of the year, you might want to wait.....the stimulus bill as it is written right now will give you a $7500 credit (that you don't have to pay back, unlike the one from last year that is an interest free loan)....and you will be able to claim it on your 2008 tax return.

of course, if you haven't bought a house in the last 33 days and don't plan on it in the next two months, then there is no reason to wait.

SOB :sure:I bought my house Oct 30th 2008.

You guys that receive a ton of money back why don't you claim more so you get it back thru the year rather then give the gov't an interest free loan. If that's the case hook me up I'll give you 2% back and I'll still make a minimum of 7% on your cash lol:twak:

if you bought a house since the beginning of the year, you might want to wait.....the stimulus bill as it is written right now will give you a $7500 credit (that you don't have to pay back, unlike the one from last year that is an interest free loan)....and you will be able to claim it on your 2008 tax return.

of course, if you haven't bought a house in the last 33 days and don't plan on it in the next two months, then there is no reason to wait.

SOB :sure:I bought my house Oct 30th 2008.

You guys that receive a ton of money back why don't you claim more so you get it back thru the year rather then give the gov't an interest free loan. If that's the case hook me up I'll give you 2% back and I'll still make a minimum of 7% on your cash lol:twak:

Close Randy, but not quite. The First Time Home Buyers Tax Credit <--click is good from April 9, 2008 to 7/1/09 and can be claimed on your 2008 tax return.

Jeepm@n, your good to go.

I've already claimed mine, and we don't close on our house until Feb. 25th. :D

Back