• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Used aluminum head?

Do you have a line on a used head? You can check it for warp.

ummm you wanna buy me one? i will be your bestest friend... i have not heard of one warping per say but overheating can lead to warp, etc so make sure your investment stays/runs cool...

Thanks for the responses. This would need to be acquired via the Internet, so a physical inspection prior to purchase would be impossible. It would be a lot of $ to waste if was somehow damaged, and (correct me if I'm wrong) damage from overheating or whatever would perhaps not be visible in photos? These things are $1850 on the Hesco website--what would a fair price for a used one be?

Get it in writing that the head is free from defects and is known to be good. Make sure it is signed and dated. At least then you will have a basic line of defense.

Small claims usually sides with the plaintiff.

FatXJ said:
Get it in writing that the head is free from defects and is known to be good. Make sure it is signed and dated. At least then you will have a basic line of defense.

Small claims usually sides with the plaintiff.

you wont get anywhere with that, it wont even be worth the time.

If you can't see the head with your own eyes before you buy it, don't. If it came off an engine that overheated, it could be warped or even cracked.

summit racing sells the same head hesco does, I believe 1300 without the stock valves and springs, a little more with.

The only + to an alum head is that it can be welded easaly......but not cheaply!!!!!!!!!!!! + machining of the head could cost you as much as a new head..........and my be why it's so cheap........or not:dunno:

Flash.

Back