• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

URE Fall Flog 11/7 - 11/9

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
We are looking at the group camp for this event. There are 3 sites that can handle 15 - 30 people each. We need to get an accurate count as to who will be there so we can reserve the corect number of sights. Each sight is $40. Here is the link to the sight: http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/uwharrie/index.htm

Glenn,

I've only camped at the Badin Lake Group camp once and I can tell you my wife didnt like it very much... Not sure about the other ladies but count us out for group camp... I know the site says they have showers... I dont remember any but the "crappers" are basically out houses...

Arrowhead has a nice bath house and Badin Lake (not group) has an "OK" bath house... Group camp's cheap... but for a reason...

We'll be there but most likely will not camp...

uncc civilengineer said:
Glenn,

I've only camped at the Badin Lake Group camp once and I can tell you my wife didnt like it very much... Not sure about the other ladies but count us out for group camp... I know the site says they have showers... I dont remember any but the "crappers" are basically out houses...

Arrowhead has a nice bath house and Badin Lake (not group) has an "OK" bath house... Group camp's cheap... but for a reason...

We'll be there but most likely will not camp...

I'm very familure with the facilities up there. I prefer Arrowhead. If there is enough intrest and people want to do the group camp We, NAXJA, SE Chapter, Will book the group camp.

I'm in for this one, if I have the $$. I will be coming up Friday night.

Vacation Days approved! Friday morning me and the better half are on the way. Group Camp sounds great to us. Prolly bringing both rides too.:party:

Count me I'll be there.

I am planning on making it, but I have work to do on the XJ in order to make it.

Please keep this thread on topic. We need an accurate count on who will be camping.

Glenn... I'm missing the point I guess... It's $40.00/night and the sight will sleep 30 people.. So for the weekend (Fri/Sat) it's $80.00.. IF NAXJA wants to reserve a site and pay for it how many people have to commit? I mean it's only $80.00

uncc civilengineer said:
Glenn... I'm missing the point I guess... It's $40.00/night and the sight will sleep 30 people.. So for the weekend (Fri/Sat) it's $80.00.. IF NAXJA wants to reserve a site and pay for it how many people have to commit? I mean it's only $80.00

10 people that will be camping for both nights.

Sounds pretty good, I camped there a while back, but I went broke and didn't plan ahead, so by camping, I mean slept in my truck (tow rig) with the seat reclined. Lol. I didn't mind. Nothing beats waking up, getting in the jeep, and takin off down a trail.
I will try to get a jeep built by then, I will force my brother to come too.

Back