• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Up country package + zj v8 coils.

im only getting an inch out of my zj coils and i dont remember how the up country package gets in 1 inch from but if its from the springs i would doubt it, but everyone is getting a different left height out of their zj springs it seems. i am running a winch though.

im only getting an inch out of my zj coils i am running a winch though.
That would be why.

Upcountry had the extra inch due to the springs I believe, so changing the coil springs would give you the same lift as any other XJ.

I have V8 GC coils in the front with a 1.125" spacer and get around 2.5" now that the springs have settled in, so the springs alone netted me around 1.25" after settling in. When they were installed (new replacement springs from NAPA), I got around 2" from the springs alone, but I later had to add a spacer to regain the lift I lost when they sagged.

I am already running 2 inch pucks and have a winch on the front. So just trying to see if putting the zj coils in is worth the effort or go with some lift coils. Almost seem that it might not be worth it due to the fact that its a guess on what I will net for lift if any, springs are used.

The only way to know for sure on your Jeep is to do it. Measure before and after. If nothing else, I think they're stiffer, so you may like the stiffer ride better.

I put ZJ V8 coils on mine. about 3/4" higher than my Upcountry springs which were in there from the factory. Sportier ride - handles nicely at 80 or so. Not Jeepspeed-stiff and definitely not a Porsche like ride, but I like the rate well enough.

Yeah, I got an inch from the V8 ZJ coils - they were brand new moogs. I can flex them to where all the coils are flat together pretty easy so they must not be all that stiff. I am running them with 2" pucks. I will be replacing them with some RE 3.5" that I have soon to match my recent lift in the back to level it out at about 5-6"

Back