• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Unbland my truck

First you need a lift, then some bigger tires with black rims. Then maybe a liberal use of flat black, then factor in some trail damage. Add some fancy aftermarket stickers, then you are set.

Eventually you could end up like my trail rig

http://community.webshots.com/user/cj7xjmj

If you look at all the pics, you can see what my rig started out as, and as we speak I am rebuilding it AGAIN.

Patrick

I think it looks great... black flares should do nicely.

You don't need a lift or bigger tires to make it look good!
swap out the flairs for some black ones,
perhaps some flat black paint on the rockers,
mabey one of those fiberglass hood vents painted to match.
It will look just fine.

Id love to paint it flat black, but I wont. The paint is too nice to rattle can it.

I kinda like ping pong for a truck name.

Black flares and lower panel area would look nice, as an alternative, consider adding some 98+ black XJ moulding a the lower body line to break up the silver along with black flares. A cowl hood would be $400.00 coolness.......

Nice looking MJ, I'd add a 4" lift and some 31's, (Stock Rubicon Moab wheels/ tires would look nice too) until the fever hits to go bigger.

Black wheels?......welcome to 3 years ago.......

Actually, it looks good to me as is... (then again, you need to check the den to see my taste in women! :D )
I think it would make a perfect sleeper. Why not go with a few drivetrain mods to bump the power and shock a ricer or two?

Take a trip to Manhattan. Leave it parked in the NYC transit lot over nite, where they park the subway cars. That'll unbland it....coat all the windows first with a good car wax, makes the graffiti paint come off easier :laugh3:

A 97+ front clip convertion with a crome grill would really set it off.

robz95xj said:
A 97+ front clip convertion with a crome grill would really set it off.

That's what I would do.
Otherwise I think it looks pretty good as is except for what XJEEPER said, to maybe add some larger wheels/tires.

summitlt said:
How does the molding attach, glue? Dont want to be drilling any holes.

Auto grade adhesive or 3M 2sided tape are the most common modes of stickage......take a black marker to the photo first to get the visual......or Photoshop........BTW, Sharpie won't wash off your monitor screen, FWIW.:laugh3:

here i did you a favor, from bland to sand, and i put my handle on your hood, when you do it i suggest you put yours instead otherwise people will think you are weird blacked out fenders/ moulding, roll bar in the rear, flat military tan = asome

blandtosand.bmp.jpg

brandon11130 said:
here i did you a favor, from bland to sand, and i put my handle on your hood, when you do it i suggest you put yours instead otherwise people will think you are weird blacked out fenders/ moulding, roll bar in the rear, flat military tan = asome

blandtosand.bmp.jpg

:puke:

Back