• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

unbearably bouncy ride after IRO 3" lift

You can say they are great but that is a very relative term. With proper shackle angle i bet you would gain a few inches of droop and a smoother ride with better load control. There is no argument for a vertical shackle over a proper shackle angle other than "works for me". Which doesn't say much if you haven't done it both ways.

X2 - I rode around for about 10,000 miles on a vertical Shackle. I've been running about 3,000 miles on the relocation brackets, and its night and day. My ride was not unbearable with a vertical shackle, but my ride with the relocation brackets, is a 100x better.

There is no argument for a vertical shackle over a proper shackle angle other than "works for me". Which doesn't say much if you haven't done it both ways.
:lecture:

Gonna call me on playing the works for me card, huh? Dammit!! :gee: I hate when that happens! I'll have to see where the angle ends up with the new springs; though I don't see it changing much.
The price of admission is pretty cheap for relocation brackets so I guess I'll have to give them a whirl. Thinking about their effects on droop; yea, it makes sense. As far as the rest I see no argument to the concept.

Brown Santa
, just one more little thing on my list this year. I've been good!

I actually own a jeep with really nice ome springs and stock shackle location, almost vertical extended shackles.
Also own a jeep with 1ton dodge van leaves and relocated shackle, perfect 45*.
Both with cheap white rocket shocks and stiff ones at that. Guess which one flexes better in the rear. Handles loads better and rides like a caddy on the street. The one with 45* shackles.

Both will be getting the hdoffroad no lift relocation soon. The one that already has relocators are a diy and built into my gas skid. They are non-adjustable and i need some adjustability with less lift.

Not trying to get one your case man. The shackle angle is a common issue that comes up alot. Its an important part of the factory design that worked really well. Just throwing springs and shackles at it isnt the whole system.

Last edited:
I actually own a jeep with really nice ome springs and stock shackle location, almost vertical extended shackles.
Also own a jeep with 1ton dodge van leaves and relocated shackle, perfect 45*.
Both with cheap white rocket shocks and stiff ones at that. Guess which one flexes better in the rear. Handles loads better and rides like a caddy on the street. The one with 45* shackles.

Both will be getting the hdoffroad no lift relocation soon. The one that already has relocators are a diy and built into my gas skid. They are non-adjustable and i need some adjustability with less lift.
Adjust-ability is a key factor for me too. Things are ALWAYS getting changed/tweaked. I'm gonna have to wait and see when it comes to a no-lift vs lift on the brackets.

Hey guys. got the no lift relocation brackets. I have a questions. I have been looking online to see what will be the proper shackle angle and from what I understand I have to move my shackle further past the OEM location, correct? I don't think this relocation kit even allows you to go much further than stock location if any. What is the benefit of that anyway?

The spring eye end of the shackle should be behind the frame/bracket end; towards the rear bumper.

Yes

Correct

Digging up an old thread... I have the same IRO 3" leafs and like Rushin felt they were super stiff so my first move was to remove the first leave from the pack. This helped but next I installed the HD Offroad no-lift shackle brackets along with a set of IRO boomerang shackles and that made all the difference. The ride and flex is now perfect and I have plenty of options for tuning the angle as well as the ride height. You will need some skills with a grinder to remove the original shackle mounts but that is the only difficult part of the installation. I also needed to source some 14mm bolts as the provided 9/16" shackle bolts would not fit through the IRO shackle sleeves.

Great input! Thank you. If it's warm enough outside this weekend I might attempt to start on the braket relocation. Did you at all try it with stock shackes?

What is cut and fold?

There are videos on youtube that show cut-n-fold which would certainly give better access but its not necessary if you are careful with the grinder and take your time.

I wouldn't bother with stock shackles since you will want to take advantage of the better shackle angle but also have enough range of motion that you don't run the shackle into the bracket when the spring compresses.

It is only going to heat things up; and to a limited degree. It has no mechanism for removing the heated metal. Think compressed air but dont think air compressor.

Back