• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U bolt eliminators

IntrepidXJ said:
i understand that....i was just answering your #4 question...nothing else

I'm sorry.. I should have re-read what I posted... and changed it to a perch that's longer and provides lift... but yep Dan's spring perches are the ticket if you're not looking for much lift :thumbup:

bobnoxious said:
Dude, take your name calling and stick it up your arse. Grow up, and act like an adult just this once.

I should re-qualify that...only on 3+ inch axle tubes do they fit without having to fill a huge gap.

Here you go, here's how they fit on a D44...

DSCF0031_e6f58.Large.jpg

This is a crappy fit. Period. Saying it's not doesn't make it untrue...it just means you freak:rattle: any time someone says something bad about the product you decided to have a big friggin boner about. BTW, my welds attaching those pieces of crap to the axle are better than theirs also.

All I can say is that your the one that made a filler piece instead of just taking a grinder or flap wheel to the arc.. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Now that right there is some shade tree logic.. :farmer:

As for "any time someone says something bad about the product you decided to have a big friggin boner about" maybe do somme homework or think before ya post. I could CARELESS if you or the world ever bought these! Read my post here, genious. All I was adding is that on the 8.8 they need to be modified and on my 14bolt and D44 with the 3" tubes that they both had, that they fit right on. And added that I would never Not recommend them. I NEVER said here that I would Recommend them over anything else that also had the 3 position centering holes?

ROBERTK said:
All I can say is that your the one that made a filler piece instead of just taking a grinder or flap wheel to the arc.. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Now that right there is some shade tree logic.. :farmer:

:looser: Wow...:gee:

So...you're telling me I could have magically made the 3.25" radius magically shrink to 2.75" by grinding more material out of it? I probably could have removed that much material without losing any of the lift these things give too, huh?

Thanks for the heads up, dude. You're obviously a fabrication pro who has a real understanding of how to make all this stuff work..."I cut it 3 times, and it's still too short:gee: "

heresyoursign.gif

i myself dont like the idea of them being welded on very much but why could you not use the plates with u bolts doesnt look like it would be a problem and then you have the best of both worlds it is truly adjustable and you are not relying on your welding skills to hold up

jeep/bronco said:
i myself dont like the idea of them being welded on very much but why could you not use the plates with u bolts doesnt look like it would be a problem and then you have the best of both worlds it is truly adjustable and you are not relying on your welding skills to hold up

Whoa...

Your kidding right?

:wow:

:doh:

jeep/bronco said:
you're spring perches still have to be welded when you're using u-bolts, other wise the axle will spin.

ROBERTK said:
Whoa...

Your kidding right?

:wow:

:doh:
im aware they are ubolt ELIMINATORS but it seems to me replacing your stock ubolts with some nice grade 8 bolts and building a slightly wider perch so that you can still utilize ubolts and gain lift without using blocks and creating axle wrap basically something like this but use u bolts instead of regular bolts

jeep/bronco said:

Scary Logic:skull1:

jeep/bronco said:
im aware they are ubolt ELIMINATORS but it seems to me replacing your stock ubolts with some nice grade 8 bolts and building a slightly wider perch so that you can still utilize ubolts and gain lift without using blocks and creating axle wrap basically something like this but use u bolts instead of regular bolts
I know exactly what you're saying, and I just told you why it wouldn't work. Unless the perches are welded, your axle will spin inside the u-bolts. You'll break your u-joint, fawk up the yoke and overall just have a really bad day.

Are you focking stupid or what? DO NOT do this EVER . PERIOD.

i realize the perches have to be welded on but rather then solely relying on that use the ubolts a safety it actually would not be adjustable though like i was originally thinking

here are as good of pics i have of them installed on my 8.8"

when i went get it aligned, the guy actually had to re drill the centering hole so the rear end tracked straight (shop didnt weld them 100% square)

they also didnt remove the shim when the welded the perch which isnt a big deal

so after a couple weeks of driving i dont notice anything different then i did with the normal perches.

IMG_4868-2.jpg

IMG_4867-2.jpg

IMG_4866-2.jpg

WOW!

I just read this entire thread, what a mess of arguments back and forth. I agree with some and definately not with others and take the middle ground 1/2 of the time!

Can I try and sum up another companies product?

First, in response to the strength question. With no fear of flame! Perches & Ubolts are stronger, PERIOD! You have 3 things tying your axle to your leaf springs.

Secondly, several say they have no axle wrap. Everyone has wrap. Get out and let someone else drive and see it. Yours just may not be that bad so why add to it?

Lastly, these are no more adjustable than any spring perch made, they are the same! You adjust them as you put them on, weld them and they are no longer "adjustable".

Now, for the other side of the coin.......

Would I run them if I had the idea of absolute clearence? Sure, the welds alone are strong enough, as demonstrated by your front end that is held in by the much lighter link brackets alone.

Would I run them tall? Never, why would I do anything that contributes to additional axle wrap, why fight yourself? There are better ways to gain lift.

And now shims? I don't run shims in anything, Shims are for people that cannot weld or can't go through the effort or expense of relocating the perches, Shims have problems of their own and cost about the same as a good pair of perches anyway.

And for the D44 question left unanswered, most D44's are 2.75" in diameter, the HD model is 3" in diameter and I am sure there are a few other more esoteric models floating around out there. I saw one a few months ago on a JD tractor with 4" tubes and full Hydro built into the actual casting. Just a little bit strange.

I tried to be very open minded about this but as you can see I have very defined opinions on wrap. We have been trying to make the same kind of product for the FJ40 for about 6 months but for a spring under application.

Last edited:
ECKSJAY said:
Is anyone actually running them? :phone:

I am running them. I like them and have noticed more flex since my spring is a little more flat. However, I did also move my shackle mount down and forward too. Very easy to install pinion angle and if you need to ever adjust it again for whateveer reason, you can always add a shim like adjusting when using a stock setup. So there is no real point of no return like some guys seem to be worried about for some reason

Back