• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U bolt eliminators

ROBERTK said:
On my 14bolt and the last D44 I did them on, they fit without mod!

:twak:

A 14 bolt and a D44 don't have the same diameter tube, do they? The contour of mine was obviously made to fit a much larger axle tube than my D44. That leaves a lot of area to fill. That would be my only criticism.

As for how they work, I have no complaints. I would definitely recommend them vs. higher lift spings.

cloudswimmer said:
Why not?I know several people who do, who run desert SW trails (jack hammer, sledge hammer, suprise canyon, etc) and hammer hard with out a problem.Glen Wakefield of Rocky Road Outfitters actually sells his ultimate lift blocks with the specified degree shim if needed welded on.Also TNT's ube's are not significantly longer enough to negate axle wrap when 1.5" is used, and you're running hard in the rocks.I'm talking TNT's not home made.I've seen more than one post on the net of people complaining of axle wrap with TNT's 1.5" ube.

I've NEVER seen a post of anyone complaining about ANYTHING wrong with TNT UBEs.....anyone who's actually RUNNING them....

still waiting....

I got to jump in on this,first heres their add...

Design Specs:
Adds 1/2-inch, 1-inch, or 1 1/2-inches of lift
Can't be spit out like a lift block
Wide design helps eliminate wheel hop
Can adjust wheelbase back 1-inch or 1 1/2-inches
Allows for pinion angle correction at install
Integrated Bump-stop pad
CAD Designed and CNC cut
Supplied with kit are shock relocation tabs

The welding part doesnt bother me at all,the rest does!These things are still blocks and are not any longer than any quality block Ive ever seen(so you gonna see some axle wrap).Width means absolutely nothing.You cannot adjust the pinion after the install.While they may be longer than stock they are still shorter than a quality spring perch.

I'll keep my u-bolts and lift springs!

If you want to run flat springs,move your eye mounts!

Last edited:
RCP Phx said:
I got to jump in on this,first heres their add...

Design Specs:
Adds 1/2-inch, 1-inch, or 1 1/2-inches of lift
Can't be spit out like a lift block
Wide design helps eliminate wheel hop
Can adjust wheelbase back 1-inch or 1 1/2-inches
Allows for pinion angle correction at install
Integrated Bump-stop pad
CAD Designed and CNC cut
Supplied with kit are shock relocation tabs

The welding part doesnt bother me at all,the rest does!
(1.) These things are still blocks and are not any longer than any quality block Ive ever seen(so you gonna see some axle wrap).
(2)Width means absolutely nothing.
(3)You cannot adjust the pinion after the install.
(4)While they may be longer than stock they are still shorter than a quality spring perch.

I'll keep my u-bolts and lift springs!

If you want to run flat springs,move your eye mounts!

1. Please show me a "quality" block that compares to the TNT UBE
2. Width means nothing, all it does is allow room for the 4 bolts.
3. Well you can but it would require a shim or torch :laugh2: No really most people put these one when they're pretty much set on what they're running for awhile.
4. Please again show me a quality spring perch that's longer...

Again like it's been said over and over on here can anyone that runs them say anything bad about the product...

Also you can adjust the pinion angle without shims. As you can weld the plates on in a different position.....

Anc they can let you stretch your wheelbase a few inches by the different holes on the plates for the spring centerpins.

JonnyK said:
A 14 bolt and a D44 don't have the same diameter tube, do they? The contour of mine was obviously made to fit a much larger axle tube than my D44.

JonnyK, from what vehicle is your D44? I know the D44 from a TJ Wranger uses the same axle tube diameter as the D35 which is a bit thinner than most other axles.

uncc civilengineer said:
1. Please show me a "quality" block that compares to the TNT UBE
2. Width means nothing, all it does is allow room for the 4 bolts.
3. Well you can but it would require a shim or torch :laugh2: No really most people put these one when they're pretty much set on what they're running for awhile.
4. Please again show me a quality spring perch that's longer...

Again like it's been said over and over on here can anyone that runs them say anything bad about the product...
No pics,but the blocks on my sons Toyota are steel and 6" long.Here is a pic of M.O.R.E.'s perch,it is 7" long...
01.jpg

Look, I think we can all agree that some people just like to swing on T&T's nuts. Nothing wrong with that. More power to T&T.

So once we admit that these are solving a "problem" that isn't really a problem, we'll be set.

Phil said:
Look, I think we can all agree that some people just like to swing on T&T's nuts. Nothing wrong with that. More power to T&T.

So once we admit that these are solving a "problem" that isn't really a problem, we'll be set.

these are solving qutie a few problems actually

they allow u to set ur pinion angle correctly while adding lift, the are cheper then a M.O.R.E. set and come with High clearance shock mounts, they dont cause axle wrap like blocks, if u ask me, these solve many problems in one product

bmyohn said:
these are solving qutie a few problems actually

they allow u to set ur pinion angle correctly while adding lift, the are cheper then a M.O.R.E. set and come with High clearance shock mounts, they dont cause axle wrap like blocks, if u ask me, these solve many problems in one product
Your frikin out of your mind if you think these things dont cause axle wrap!!They are BLOCKS!!
Anything you do that moves the centerline of the axle awayfrom the leaf pack will cause more axle wrap!

Last edited:
Phil said:

x2

luhlz, product whores

FYI, you turds...aftermarket perches also allow for setting pinion angle without shims. Power to :explosion for taking your money. Hooray capitalism! :patriot:

You guys are complaining about a product you have ZERO experience with... And we are yet to hear a complaint from someone who has actually run them.... 7 pages and waiting

rosco said:
You guys are complaining about a product you have ZERO experience with... And we are yet to hear a complaint from someone who has actually run them.... 7 pages and waiting

Is anyone actually running them? :phone:

I just went to a metal supplier and bought a piece of 14" long 1" x 2.5" solid steel flat bar ($5) cut it in half & drilled 3/8 holes through the center. Replaced the leaf pack centering bolt with a 1" longer SHCS ($2.50) and pinned the block and leafs altogether.
Bought a set of MORE 7" long perches ($40), set the pinion angle & welded them on.
A new set of 9/16" u bolts ($35) & you are set.

Hey 1" UBE's will work the same but you can do it cheaper with regular old u bolts.... aint nothing wrong with em.

ROBERTK said:
Ok your a idiot!

On a 8.8 they fit like crap! You have to notch the corner to get they to clear the Ebrake cable!

On my 14bolt and the last D44 I did them on, they fit without mod!

:twak:

I Would never recommend Not doing these. Only draw back is the cost.

Dude, take your name calling and stick it up your arse. Grow up, and act like an adult just this once.

I should re-qualify that...only on 3+ inch axle tubes do they fit without having to fill a huge gap.

Here you go, here's how they fit on a D44...
DSCF0004_cb278.Large.jpg

DSCF0031_e6f58.Large.jpg

DSCF0032_c1181.Large.jpg

This is a crappy fit. Period. Saying it's not doesn't make it untrue...it just means you freak:rattle: any time someone says something bad about the product you decided to have a big friggin boner about. BTW, my welds attaching those pieces of crap to the axle are better than theirs also.

It seems kind of weird that different tube diameter options wouldnt be available.:dunno:

Back