• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Twizzler; a Red Street Whip, the Twist Being a Supercharger

I'm out at COfest and one of the guys here has a stroker under his hood.
Its a Titan 4.7 litre, and he said that all together with all of the extra sh!t he put on it, and with shipping, the total was around $1600. And man, watching it on the trails up here, that thing kicks. He's also running it with one of those jet chips.

Its a Titan 4.7 litre, and he said that all together with all of the extra sh!t he put on it, and with shipping, the total was around $1600. And man, watching it on the trails up here, that thing kicks. He's also running it with one of those jet chips.
Titan should change their name to Trashcan because that's where their motors belong. If they're not the worst engine rebuilder out there than they're certainly in the running.

Pretty sure Frank's Titan has been less than an enjoyable experience. He is working on swapping it out for a V8.

You might consider a rear-mount turbo setup. Check out Squire Turbos for ideas. I was shocked when I saw how effective they are. I have a big-buck 4.7 stroker with water/meth. injection and UniChip tuning coming Monday. In a imperfect state of tune, with the AW4 auto, it'll spin 31/10:50's right through first gear...on DRY PAVEMENT!! It is killin' my Dana 'Turdy Five with a TrueTrac posi. Better rear end comin' soon. Maybe a turbo down the road.

You might consider a rear-mount turbo setup. Check out Squire Turbos for ideas. I was shocked when I saw how effective they are.
Well actually there was a guy working on a RMT for our Jeeps... oh nevermind... I don't want to bring up names. I'm tired of getting flamed.

I have a big-buck 4.7 stroker with water/meth. injection and UniChip tuning coming Monday. In a imperfect state of tune, with the AW4 auto, it'll spin 31/10:50's right through first gear...on DRY PAVEMENT!! It is killin' my Dana 'Turdy Five with a TrueTrac posi. Better rear end comin' soon. Maybe a turbo down the road.
Keep us posted, and be sure to post tons of pics. I've always been curious about meth injection.

Last edited:
RMT doesn't get the heat, and that is the main thing. It works, just not up to full potential.

If you want a recommendation for a f/i unit I would say a 4th or 5th gen eaton MP90. That is what I bought. I got a brand new one super cheap. I am going to mount it on the passenger side, outboard of the a/c comp on its side, with a low profile air/water intercooler. The batttery will have to go inside or possibly in the stock airbox location and the coolant bottle will have to change. My biggest hurtle is engine management. I have a megasquirt I built for a s/c EDIS bronco, so I may remanufacture it for jeep duty. What is your plan for tuning?

I'll be honest, I'd rather do the M90 on a custom or modded manifold or put a centrifugal blower inplace of the A/C. I just don't trust the RMT's and the heat loss could be pretty serious on the exhaust side.

Has anyone seen or looked at possably developing a ram air style hood for the xj would for what your looking at doing might provide cleaner and cooler air

my buddy just did a 4.7 from his 4.0 using rods and crank out of 4.2. it has made a world of difference in power. his auto doesn't down shift anymore. if this is what your talking about I would do it but it looks like you wanna buy one already done how much $ My buddy spent about 1800 total thats with new pistons, rings, springs etc and all machine work. took him all over 2 days and it bolts right it. but i say do it.

I found that on Jeepforum.com, and was wondering what the deal was I can just order the stock pistons and rods and rigs from the stealership for the 4.2 and it will work?! What vehicle had the appropriate 4.2 if this is true?? At least if nothing else for a short term stroker build, until I can afford the nice 4.7 strokers...

And what is wrong with RMT setups, other than if you are offroading you are taking a chance of smashing a turbo instead of a muffler?? I ran a custom RMT setup on my 1998 GSR Integra, and had no issues hanging or even leaving my friends who had a similar setup with a standard mounted turbo.... I ran just as much boost as them, with just as much pressure without having ot have a FMIC like they did.... My intake temps were actually cooler than theirs were as well... if you run the piping correctly and don't have any crappy clamps or anyhthing you will only loose like 1 psi of pressure or so just like with a FMIC.... I actually thought about it doing a RMT setup myself on my XJ one day.... not right now of course, but down he road!!

I found that on Jeepforum.com, and was wondering what the deal was I can just order the stock pistons and rods and rigs from the stealership for the 4.2 and it will work?! What vehicle had the appropriate 4.2 if this is true?? At least if nothing else for a short term stroker build, until I can afford the nice 4.7 strokers...

IIRC its a certain range of CJs. I'm sure someone on here knows.

Finally, I have some money to put into this thing. Before any major engine mods are done, I want everything else to be taken care off. I have to sort out things like some new tires and wheels soon, little mechincal odds and ends, make sure the rest of the drivetrain is up to the task, and things of that nature.

I've come across a pretty damn good deal (almost $200 cheaper) on a new borla header and downpipe. the exhuast now is in tough shape and too quite. Plus, I dont mind upgrading that now since I'll still be able to use it with the stroker and FI. The only thing that concerns me is that its 2.25" pipe, i was originally planning on 2.5". I'm just afraid it might start to seem to small once the supercharger is added. the stock 4.0 will breathe great thru it, even the stroker should be fine with it, but i dont want it to end up being too restrictive with the FI.

My exhuast plan:
-Borla header and downpipe
-center in/ dual outlet muffler (maybe a super 44 or a 50 series)
-then 45* dual sidepipe dumps in front of the PS rear wheel

For a blown stroker, you want AT LEAST 2.5" - start thinking 3" if you want to optimize power. http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/Exhaust_Pipe_Size.htm
You can have the Borla header modified by an exhaust shop to go with a 3" down tube but the trouble you may run into is routing it such that your front drive shaft doesn't bang it around every time you hit a speed bump. Creative routing OR lift will be necessary.

X2--I'm officially of the opinion that strokers should have 2.5" and FI strokers should have 3"(just recently saw how much mine liked going from the 2.25"in/2"out Borla to a 2.5"in&out Magnaflow).

Back