• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tweeter Location

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17383

A Pioneer DEH-P3900MP
w/WMA/MP3/AAC/WAV CD-ROM Playback
50W per Channel X 4 Channels.

for $123

But that is Max Power, I didn't want to go into that above, RMS is like 22 Watts. You can get good quality sound out of this, even turn it up a good bit, but yea, its NOT some hi-end Super Stereo.

I don't "think" you can get more than 50W Max/22W RMS out of an internal amp from a head unit. Which OEM speaker wire should be fine. If you want more power for quality and/or volume, you'll need an external amp, and going much more than the 50W Max/22W RMS your going to have to consider aftermarket speaker wire, or the sound may suffer.

Size of the Speaker has a lot to do with it as well, I'm willing to bet if you did a little work to mod and mount two 6.5" speaker up front and two 6"X9" speakers in the rear, they would sound better than four 5.25" that cost twice as much, in the factory mounts.

getting 6.5's up front is relatively easy depending on what drivers you are useing. i fit focal 6.5 mids in the front of a 96 with a little trimming of the sheet metal. when i got my 01 and swapped everything over there was no way they would fit. they are too deep i had to cut the door panels and mount them to the panel. sounded like poo till i sealed everything up and used 2 layers of e dead on the door and the door panel. i didnt like the way they looked and wanted to try some silk dome tweeters so i replaced them with a set of the cdt ef slim 6.5 comps. i had trim about a 1/4 inch of metal on the door but with the slim design they didnt interfere with the windows going down. they sound pretty damn good and the midbass is incredible.
IM000880.jpg
[/IMG]

I like the stock location but didn't want to bother finding the factory pods. Ended up located them here instead:

2065986_13_full.jpg

Last edited:
I have the same pannels in my 2 door, and I would like to replace the tweeters inside. Does anyone know the size of the tweeters that will fit? I live in chicago and would like it to look stock to help prevent theft.

Since I have manual everything (including mirrors, which dont have the adjustment knobs) I think I am gonna mount my tweeters on the door like Krazors001 but higher up pointing at me....

Back