• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TW rant

Hey, im over it everyone take a break and everyone quit bitching. I talked to Tom yesterday and when I called I asked if I had to return the tailshaft he had sent me as well as my tailshaft and he said yes. You can understand why I was a little upset bc I had to pay return shipping my part and a part I didnt want. I calmed down and before i could even say anything about he said if i decided to just take my tailshaft off and go a few days longer w/o installing the one he previously sent me then he would pay to ship my core plus the one he sent me if i sent both of them back at the same time. Tom was very helpful, but his employee that i spoke with the 1st time wasnt so. He said if the problem arises again for another customer than he will offer to them my same offer. He said you can either install the 1st one he sends and have to pay return shipping on both or you can wait till the 1st one gets there and take yours off and send both back at his expense. Im a satisfied customer so far. I am a business man and this makes me feel better about being so picky when i hire. My business's raport with my customers is only as good as the people representing my products.

mikecooper said:
Im paying $900 for the time being so I can bitch if I want to and I am 52 years old by the way.

Personally if it's a DD I'd go find one out of a yard or swap in a 231 for a week or so. Instant gratification costs money :D

I wouldnt mind swapping a 231 but i would have to dissassemble my tnt kit i just put on and im way too lazy for that. Plus I like ft 4wd.

where is the technical value?

Well if its an early 242 I have two housings and tail shafts laying around... Also TW is not the only game in town.. Check out M.I.T. in El Cajon, CA for the same kit... Nice people down there..

mikecooper said:
Im paying $900 for the time being so I can bitch if I want to

No, you really can't. You know what you're getting into when you buy it, are receiving customer service above and beyond what anyone would expect (would you prefer it if he'd just called you back and said, "gee, we're out of stock, go pound sand for a couple of weeks until we get your parts out to you"?), and don't seem to be able to grasp the concept that sometimes things don't work out the way you'd like them to.

Quite frankly, I haven't bought a thing from Tom Woods in my life - but I am planning to in the next few weeks: the exact same 242 SYE and driveshaft combo you've got. If anything, your story makes me *want* to do business with him, because at least I know that if I run into a similar situation I'm not going to be left in the lurch by the guy who sold it to me.

and I am 52 years old by the way.

And proving that age and maturity can be mutually-exclusive.

Obvisouly you havent read post 23 have you. Ill be sending mine back to be machined and SENT BACK, so just letting you know he said if you call ahead of time he can get the shaft built while you tailshaft is on the way and by the time yours gets there it takes about a day to machine it and its back out the door the next day with the completed DS.

Back