• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turkey day run pics and vids link...

Great pics.. I took like 5.. and 3 of them are of a rig that wasnt even with us haha

You should seen the group of zj's that rolled up on us Saturday evening Scott, holy crap they were bad ass!

I Had been working on project doorknob for a while and made a commitment to myself to take it to this event. After the typical "murphy's law" played out my son Joshua and I rolled into camp about 10:30pm Friday evening. The Mj had made it. this was a true shakedown run for it as I had put maybe 20 mile on her since I bought it. this was all post paint, pre camping. I did no know what to expect. Much like the OTC, I was bringing my optimism along for the weekend. I decided to bunk up with josh in his tent and leave the sleeper at home. I wasn't thinking sub 20* night at this point.

When we arrived in camp it was abnormally quiet, there was no banner, lights, parachute, or large group. My ears also seemed to burn a little at this point, I got a weird vibe, and decided to just set up camp and see what was going on in the morning. on my way through I noticed that there were a bunch of people in cam all setup.

We woke up to SNOW! josh was stoked for sure.

it was so late and muphy got me so good I had about a 1/2 a tank of fuel and no ATV permit. we threw our premade bagel, egg, bacon, and cheese sandwiches under the hood and loaded up. I hit the "iron ranger" on the way through, chatted with keith for a min and headed out for fuel.

while doing so I watched trailer after trailer after trailer pull into camp. I was getting excited to meet All the new folks, and wheel with the dank rigs I had seen just roll by.

I love the look of fresh snow on the pass :cool:

we got back to camp and larry rolled by. he said he was trying to seed a leaky bead and that dustin was "rounding" people up. I headed over and got in line just about the time we were pulling out. it seemed to be a lighter group than I though.

This zj guy was at the gas station when I was, and then later we ran into him on the way to trail. he wanted to join in the fun and we obliged, till he lost oil pressure and decided to cut out. never did catch his name, he said it was his 1st time out.

Dave and BPB bringing up the rear.

I found out shortly after departing that the hood popper in the Mj was now not working. Right about the time my 5yr old started in on me about "More Food Dad" I tried to dick with it for the 2 or 3 min we were stopping for. but after burning myself I gave up on the delshious hot sustinace that was about to get shoved down my neck:chef:. This also killed the cooking of soup, and other such "hot foods" for the day:bawl:. Josh was more than displeased. we survived off of the sacred "leftover turkey" sandwiches. :D I wasn't complaining. I normally would not have hesitated to stop the group in order to screw with it a little more, but on this day, this weird vibe, its was kind of an all day thing. I really wasn't felling like being "that guy" and speaking up to slow the group long enough for the jeep to cool down.

Stopped at crushers long enough for Ryan and josh to have there annual snowball fight. Josh learned why its no good to sneak attack NAXJA members with snowballs :nono: Good job Ryan!

we set off from there down saddle up, yes in the snow! I had been waiting on this all year. pics do most of the talking on this one

The rear window fell out of the MJ 1/2 way through the day. luckily josh(Nw-99-XJ) was stuck behind us on trail, Packing Gorilla Tape:worship: Life saver! by this point the gas gage in the MJ was going from working to tacked full on/off about every obstacle on the trail. the o2 sensor went out causing the thing to try to die, and the TPS died too(bogging bad in 1-2). so I was mainly using the rail shifter to compensate, as it was working the best. (loving it!)

This one is kind of Erie...

we hit a couple more trails, but most were blocked after being waived off at rocky uphill the small group that was left headed for camp.

My son josh was DIEING to sit by the fire, so we made our way over there. I was surprise That Scott had left earlier in the day as we had made a commitment to "burry the hatchet" so to speak. I also expected there to be another large group of xj's and there owners. i was surprised to see it was actually fairly dead. we soaked up some free heat waves for a bit and headed to make some dinner. Adam seemed itching to run minirubicon so I headed to camp to wait for them to head out.

Brandon rolled in to say his goodbye's. This club has made me some very good friends over the years Brandon being one of them. I was surprised to hear he was headed out that evening (I had given him some shit about camping) he had a very displeased look and aura about him. I was curious so I asked. What I herd, well, it was an all to similar story to what has been going on around this chapter for a long time now. Talking Shit, Screwing with people, And over all Disrespect. I had herd the comments on the radio, seen some of the inuendos throughout the day and not connected the dots until Brandon and I talked. Ive been in those shoes, I understand where he was coming from. its a hard thing to over come in this chapter, I know it, you could ask Josh, Aaron, Brandon, Rob, Dick brakey, Scott was even in those shoes. But then , On the other hand, Im the Elected President for the next year. Im suppose to back the club no matter what right? support it and uphold its ideals. So I found myself doing just that, trying to be understanding, but make it out like...meh it will pass, its all good, that's just how those guys are... like I have in the past. our conversation ended kind of abruptly due to adam rolling out to do minirubicon. we finished up with that and headed back to camp. Brandon headed home.

dinner was made and we came back round the camp fire to finnish out the night with the fellas. After that nights fire conversations started to take place I really started to think. about why I was there in camp that night. I had my son, he and I were having a blast. but we could do that anywhere, anytime right? then I realized that the shit talk was not there this night, but the same people were. im not saying that everybody took part in the disrespect, But nobody Stood up to stop it either. Now its gone, completely(weird) Its the same people at these events EVERY time. this club has not grown, there is no willingness to change, and it was obvious when I started to listen to the conversation that was taking place. This chapter is not what it was when me and my family were drawn to it. all those reasons are gone now. I seldom meet new members, and when I do, they never return. Its the same people at the runs. it all started to add up, pyle up. like a weight on my chest. How can I associate myself with this group, they just shat on each other, all day long, behind each others backs, and the ones who know about it, who could do something about it(sway things) Never do, nothing ever get done, or even called what it is. Now im suppose to "take over" and even have a shot at it. Maybe, if Scott had stayed at camp and to do what he told me he would. For the sake of this chapter.His response was, "your not worth my time." What can I do anymore? I have what I need from life. Wife, Kids, Home, Helth, Jeep X2. F-it right?

I listened to the conversation some more. 10 or 15 min worth. It didn't take long for me to get the (lets go) feeling. Did you know? All people on food-stamps, are POS drug addicts, that get $1500 cash, on top of there food allowance, and there housing, That they can withdraw at any time from an ATM.

I was done...At that point I felt like I had a difference in opinion, and would get Chastised on the forum and amongst the group, let alone around the campfire, for speaking of it. I felt like the campout was pointless and that I could have not pushed to bring the MJ, and just day tripped it in the XJ. I was second judging my company, second judging all the time and monie I had put into being able to make the event, and second judging How I could even associate myself with a group of people that can treat each other like these guys do. OR to just stand Idly by and Let it happen, or watch it go on. I Cant lead this group, I cant change what doesn't want to be changed.

Who the hell am I and What the Hell am I doing Wasting my families time on NAXJA's runs...

It was Eye Opening for me.
Bronze.

My son and I had a blast!!! Waking up Saturday to snow was deffenatly a highlight

I brought up Dustin and alli with their dog ruger and they can't wait to do it again!

Unfortunately I only got a couple pictures because I was over joyed to be able to relax.. 7 day weeks is kicking my ass..

I was stoked to see Scott schoefelder out with his buddy in the badass toyota

Until next time!:woohoo:

Back