• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tucson, Az Checking interest

And you WONDER Y they call you an AZZHAT??????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, Box Canyon and Coke Ovens have nice scenery. They're enjoyable but not technical. Lots of XJs have run those and other trails in that area. There are more difficult trails out there too, just depends on what you're looking to do that day. My rig should be ready by the 20th. Count me in.

Sandy

I would be all over the Sedona Trip in spring... The coke ovens are great, box canyon and the rest of the ovens trip is very easy. Not to may things to over come to get there. I will not be back to AZ yet. I think I have the coke ovens run starting from the FJ side and coming out thru the verde on my GPS. If somebody needs the file please PM me and I will send you the track.

Have a good one...Z

It was mentioned in a PM to me (from Sandy-XJSRock) that we may want to run Upper Woodpecker and/or Lower AJAX after Box Canyon. These are more technical trails.

I'm not sure about time constraints and things but I'm not opposed to running a little more if there is time. I know Steve (Arizona XJ AKA XJ20:gag: ) is pretty familiar with the trails and area.

Anyhow, just looking for a little feedback from the folks that are planning on doing the Box Canyon run.

gllemley said:
Jim,
I saw your email on AZVJC and joined NAXJA, thanks. The 20th Florence/box cyn would be perfect for me and my grandson.

Where do we meet and when?

George Lemley
Phoenix, Ahwatukee
[email protected]

Welcome aboard George. Details haven't been finalized yet but we should have all that in the next day or so!:wave1:

I used to live in What The tookie years ago. LOL
Always good to have a new member, Welcome aboard!!!!
Now I aint the newest guy no mo!!! LOL

:wave1:

Fergie said:
I know most of the trails in the Sedona area, and some good camping spots too.

We could even take a trip into the Mingus Mountains.

I second that thought on the Sedona and Mingus mountain trip possibility. Tucson is a little far for me to go on the 20th but would love to meet up with others now that we have our own Chapter. I am looking for some challenging trails and would like to test out my rig with some other Cherokees.

ok... this seems awesome!

but tell me... how long of a drive am I looking at from Peoria... 101 and Bell

I'm new to AZ, but I wanna go...

from what I'm told... I got stuff to treassure and record...

Steven :)

Last edited:
Fergie, u can meet me at my driveway and we can head out to Justins ( BigAZXJ ) with Jim and kinda start a convoy. We live the farthest EAST in Tucson and Jim is not far from either of us. I am only familiar with going through Florence to get to apache Junction, so the more the marrierrrr!!!
I figure we will have to leave around 6 or 630 to get a good starting time on the trail.

:gee:

the convoy sounds good we can set up a meeting place on my side of town and head out. the mcd`s on oracle and mcgee is a good place it worked well last time we were wheeling up on my side of town.

justin

Fergie said:
What we really need is an event in Sedona.

That way we can all show up, and we could even let a certain yellow TJ attend.

Couple days camping on the creek would be good. Maybe early spring?
Yellow TJ??
That's awful nice of you...:)
Hey, the front axle's from an XJ...

Last edited:
What is this world coming to??? Toyotas. TJ's??? Whats next, FORDZ?????

God help us all!!!!!

JK

lets not talk bad about fords
some people want a real truck not a tahoe

justin

Last edited:
AZZHAT!!!!!

Back