• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tuckerman Ravine 5-27-06

zfinger

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm going snowboarding up in Tuckerman Ravine (Mt. Washington) Saturday. Anyone interested in going? Even if you dont snowboard, its a great hike, and nice scenery from Lunch Rocks. Any of you are planning on being up there, I know its a very popular place Mermorial Day weekend, or if anyone wants to ride up with me, send me a PM.

Taken 5-21-06, still plenty of snow!!!
tux.jpg

That's something I've wanted to do for a long time. My timing always stinks though... I've got my new d44 coming in Friday and a list of other things I need to work on (not all jeep related). Make sure you're prepared for anything... and take plenty of pics!:wave:

zfinger said:
So I'm going snowboarding up in Tuckerman Ravine (Mt. Washington) Saturday. Anyone interested in going? Even if you dont snowboard, its a great hike, and nice scenery from Lunch Rocks. Any of you are planning on being up there, I know its a very popular place Mermorial Day weekend, or if anyone wants to ride up with me, send me a PM.

I have been wanting to go there since i heard of it a few years back, let me know if it is worth the hiking to go there, b/c my only issue was how many times do i really want to hike my ski's and equipment back up after going down it. Have fun, be safe.

Dammit! I'd deinetely be in, except I gotta tow all day on saturday. I went two years ago and broke my arm late in the season last year so I wasn't able to go. It's a great time, even the hike alone. That was my first real hike and I did the whole thing in snowboard boots and still had a great time. I recommend it to anyone who is free on Saturday. Have fun and be safe.

Here some pics from two years ago in late April:
623.jpg

373.jpg

372.jpg

370.jpg

369.jpg

589.jpg

368.jpg

591.jpg

Awesome spot, have fun! Wish I could go but going wheeling this weekend. I haven't been up there for a few years since my best friend & skiing buddy got married and had triplets but before that I didn't miss a spring for 10 years

me about 12 years ago hiking down the little headwall
makimono.jpg

xjrugger said:
I have been wanting to go there since i heard of it a few years back, let me know if it is worth the hiking to go there, b/c my only issue was how many times do i really want to hike my ski's and equipment back up after going down it. Have fun, be safe.

It's totally worth the hike if you're at all into skiing / boarding! If you go earlier in the season, like April it's nice because you can usually ski the Sherbourne trail all the way down, hiking back down is a pain, just watch the avalanche advisories and weather and ideally hook up with someone that's been there before like zfinger. Even if the bowl's iced up and you just hike up, have lunch and ski the 'sugar' down it's a day well spent (been there).

:sunshine:

TekkaMaki said:
It's totally worth the hike if you're at all into skiing / boarding! If you go earlier in the season, like April it's nice because you can usually ski the Sherbourne trail all the way down, hiking back down is a pain, just watch the avalanche advisories and weather and ideally hook up with someone that's been there before like zfinger. Even if the bowl's iced up and you just hike up, have lunch and ski the 'sugar' down it's a day well spent (been there).

:sunshine:

I have to do this, i never knew it was such a popular spot. Ive seen lots of pics on the tuckerman website, but never realized how good it can be. This year is out for me, but it is in my plans for next year.

Back