• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trouble installing 8.25 Lockright

There is a "window" where the tabs on the active spacer need to line up in, inorder for the parts to fit into the carrier. I messed up re-intalling mine and ended up breaking the tab off.

The tabs in the 6:13pm picture should be sitting further in

DSC_5194.jpg

if the tabs do not sit in the window like the part on the right, you get the part on the left :( I learned the hard way

This happened to a no-slip I installed.
It turned out being a syncro problem not installation.
Got warranty from Richmond.

Maybe its the blurry pictures but that does not look like the Powertrax Lockright locker that I just bought brand new and installed for a friend in his 8.25. The installation instructions required that we re-use the existing thrust washers. I believe they are pretty important and you do not want to install the locker without them.

The thrust washers are not used on the 8.25 install.

Hi everyone, I'm the pain in the A** that's causing John to have all the problems with the locker. I bought it NIB from "Someone" who said it was a "Lockrite" locker so that's what spring kit I ordered from Summit (That's why John is having so much trouble). I read over ALL the posts and thx to all of you I now realize its a "no spin" so I ordered the correct spring kit this morning. I got a good deal on it ($150 NIB + $17 spring kit) I just wanted to thank you all for the help and especially John for taking his time and doing it...Joe

Back