• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Treasurer Position

John, if reelected, do you see any agenda items (nothing known of or implied here) that you are wanting to tackle right off the bat or just keep things rolling as they are?

Thanks.

Cheese "checks and balances" Man

Tyler: Thank you for the question. we are working on a couple of consolidation type things ( read differnt jobs that pop up during the year) right now but it is still in the planning stage. As far as the treasurer positon as it is now. The main thing we did do when I was elected in the spring was to keep the same national bank account rather than switch and pay for new checks and such. This has turned out to be more work than we first planned but I feel it is working out for the best. I / we (current BOD) do have a plan we are putting together to show exactly how much $ was brought in and went out for each portion of WF being this is where a very large if not the largest cash infux comes from. In the past it has been, "we brought this much in from WF". That is ok but we would like to see how much from registration,the banquet, store sales and so on.

Ram" Striving for better accounting practices than in the past" Rod

Are you willing to handle the MWC Trail adoption requirements at Redbird?

Rev
Rev: As you know I am very happy to step up. But with the couple of current ideas being thrown around the BOD site I think I would be biting off more than I can chew. My thought would be to make this a two person type of deal. Have a BOD member be point for this VP, or director sounds good...lol But really have a BOD member as point and the have a secondary member that lives in the area as we have a few members from southern Indiana. This way a BOD member is still in charge but he or she has a helper that can get to Redbird in less than 6 hours. I am very very proud of our trail adoption and I think having a member that is in the area as a secondary helper would take a ton off of the BOD member in charge...

Ram" Trail adoption is cool" Rod

Tyler: Thank you for the question. we are working on a couple of consolidation type things ( read differnt jobs that pop up during the year) right now but it is still in the planning stage. As far as the treasurer positon as it is now. The main thing we did do when I was elected in the spring was to keep the same national bank account rather than switch and pay for new checks and such. This has turned out to be more work than we first planned but I feel it is working out for the best. I / we (current BOD) do have a plan we are putting together to show exactly how much $ was brought in and went out for each portion of WF being this is where a very large if not the largest cash infux comes from. In the past it has been, "we brought this much in from WF". That is ok but we would like to see how much from registration,the banquet, store sales and so on.

Ram" Striving for better accounting practices than in the past" Rod

Rev: As you know I am very happy to step up. But with the couple of current ideas being thrown around the BOD site I think I would be biting off more than I can chew. My thought would be to make this a two person type of deal. Have a BOD member be point for this VP, or director sounds good...lol But really have a BOD member as point and the have a secondary member that lives in the area as we have a few members from southern Indiana. This way a BOD member is still in charge but he or she has a helper that can get to Redbird in less than 6 hours. I am very very proud of our trail adoption and I think having a member that is in the area as a secondary helper would take a ton off of the BOD member in charge...

Ram" Trail adoption is cool" Rod

I like the better documentation of winterfest funds and I think it will help us better plan for winterfest in the future.

I also think that with the new responsibilities that have been added to the Treasurer you are correct that at this point not much more should be added.

mac 'spread the load' gyvr

What are your thoughts on the club joining together for a voluntary act to help out a community in trouble?

like lets say getting a group together to help cleaning up after a tornado/flood/high-winds type stuff, maybe parks and forest perseveres that could use voluntary work. anything that can get the :NAXJA: name out there helping land type situations and making great meet and greets out of it.

Sam. I am all for looking at any "new" idea / ideas about how to spread the word about the chapter. Helping out any comunity in our area that needs help is always a good idea. From the treasurer standpoint I am sure we could afford to help out with bodies and even a decent donation if agreed by all BOD members.

Ram" Voluntarty help is always the best" Rod

Well First You can balance a jeep on its nose and now you can beat yourself in the polls .

I Voted for the You that was losing because i like an underdog

Thanks man....Either one will except your vote......

Back