• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission Question

mrschendel

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a easy place to put a Trans temp sensor. I have this pic of the Trans on the passenger side. The 12 mm plug? Or is it a plug? Was going to remove it but I think I will try to find out what it is first.So take a look and see what you think it is. By the way did you know the Trans in a 01 XJ is made in Japan It says in on the tag next to the 12 mm plug

http://www.dootalk.net/gallery/album859?page=4

is the link to the pic

Yeah - the Aisin-Warner AW4 was designed by Toyota, and finds use in some Toyota and Lexus RWD models. I think the Toyota Pickup used it for a while, the RWD minivan they had, and the Celica and Supra also used it.

Considering it's a Japanese box, I'm amazed. Not only is the thing ROCK SOLID, but it's one of the easiest slushboxes I've ever torn into! For pure durability and ease of service & repair, it's only been beat (in my experience) by Alison slushboxes - the damn THM350/400 is more difficult to work with, and I've done dozens of those!

5-90

b&m makes a trans temp gauge kit around 50 bucks after shipping through www.summit.com it comes with every thing you cut your supply line to the cooler use the supplied brass compression tee screw in your sensor hook it to the gauge supply a ground and power to the gauge as well walla your dunn

brianb2247 said:
b&m makes a trans temp gauge kit around 50 bucks after shipping through www.summit.com it comes with every thing you cut your supply line to the cooler use the supplied brass compression tee screw in your sensor hook it to the gauge supply a ground and power to the gauge as well walla your dunn
Do you mean summitracing.com

Back