• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trail requirments

Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
First aid kit
Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
D-Rings
Shackle/Clevis
20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
Secured battery (no bungee cords)

I have a couple questions about this list.
1-define adequate spare tire....my spare is a 31" street tire that is decently worn
2-whats the difference between a D ring and a shackle/clevis? I'm going to have two D rings on the front, and a hook insert for my rear hitch.
3-I have no clue that the strength on my strap is...I've used it a few times to tow people off ice, and one Montero out of the ice when it gave way under neath him. So I hope its adequate.

The spare must be of a close enough size to get you of the trail.

Your D ring will be fine.

Strap needs to be rated at 10K, should be 1" or so in width...bigger is better.

Rev

ok....sorry to bring this thread back from the dead...but I was just watching the orange trails from last years WF on youtube. What were the orange requirements from last year?

I'm hoping to surprise myself this weekend and do something I never thought I could do.

ok....sorry to bring this thread back from the dead...but I was just watching the orange trails from last years WF on youtube. What were the orange requirements from last year?

I'm hoping to surprise myself this weekend and do something I never thought I could do.
I don't recall last years requirements.

You should be able to do Orange.

Remember, Trail Leaders have the final say as to trail requirements! Trail requirements will not be known until Friday night / Sat. morning.

33 MT's & at least one locker. It was kinda muddy last year. JIM.

Back