• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRAIL READY BUMPERS

bubXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have been looking for a new winch bumper for my XJ and I am leaning on getting the TrailReady TR Standard Front Bumper. Does any one have this bumper? If so how do you like it? I have never seen on other than in the pictures so if anyone has one please let me know how you like it and if you can send me some pictures of your XJ with the bumper. Are there any other bumpers that are better than the TrailReady bumpers?

Thanks..NAXJA

So I e-mailed these guys and they got back to me with some more pics. They also said that this bumper only uses the factory bumper mounting locations. So, ya I'm over it. But here's the pics
TRstandardfrontbumper.jpg

XJfrontnoncropped.jpg

xjf2.jpg

XJSIDE.jpg

Wow. That is obviously designed for full-bodied rigs. The mounts would be easy enough to fix, but...FULL-bodied rigs.

This one belongs to Fourwheeler:

100_2081.jpg

100_2078.jpg

If that's coming back to my comment about fat bodied rigs, fortunately, he cut the top off the bumper when he cut the top off the Jeep, or never had the top tube in the first place.

Haleyes said:
This one belongs to Fourwheeler:

Im not following the "full bodied rig". What do you mean by that? I think it looks pretty darn good. Deff. have to fab some better mounting though.

Phil said:
If that's coming back to my comment about fat bodied rigs, fortunately, he cut the top off the bumper when he cut the top off the Jeep, or never had the top tube in the first place.

Nope not at all. The OP asked for pics of TR bumpers, so I posted a couple up.:compwork:

Hale

HMGanja said:
Im not following the "full bodied rig". What do you mean by that? I think it looks pretty darn good. Deff. have to fab some better mounting though.

"Full-bodied" generally means a Jeep that hasn't had accessories like doors, windows, or the hatch removed, or structure like the roof cut off. I think that tube wrapping up around the headlights would look a little out of place on a Jeep with, say, no roof, or no front fenders.

Phil said:
"Full-bodied" generally means a Jeep that hasn't had accessories like doors, windows, or the hatch removed, or structure like the roof cut off. I think that tube wrapping up around the headlights would look a little out of place on a Jeep with, say, no roof, or no front fenders.

But,.....if you're chopping it up and hacking away, (generally speaking), you obviously aren't too worried about "looks". More concern is placed on function.

I forgot how good those things look...now you got me thinking....

Haleyes said:
But,.....if you're chopping it up and hacking away, (generally speaking), you obviously aren't too worried about "looks". More concern is placed on function.

Yes, every third asshat with a sawzall seems to be cutting their roof these days, generally without any apparent effort towards or thought of what the final project will look like, or any concern for their craftmanship. They leave just that bare cut edge, and some don't even put in a cage or any structural reinforcement.

Maybe there should be more concern about looks.

Hey, at least I'm helping keep this thread on top.

Phil said:
Yes, every third asshat with a sawzall seems to be cutting their roof these days, generally without any apparent effort towards or thought of what the final project will look like, or any concern for their craftmanship. They leave just that bare cut edge, and some don't even put in a cage or any structural reinforcement.

Maybe there should be more concern about looks.

Hey, at least I'm helping keep this thread on top.

So you gonna help me keep mine looking good?

It's a good looking bumper, but pricey, wouldn't be too difficult to beef up the mounting system, but for the $$$ they charge that should be included.

I have a pair of Trail Ready bumpers in black, front and rear. The factory mounting required a doubler/reinforcing bracket system on both sides (JCR Offroad is the one I used) and also required some fabbing to fit "right". The boxed ends stuck back too far in the wheelwell, not giving optimum tire clearance, so I cut and re-welded the box ends to a better line to match my fender trim and allow the tires more room.

On the rear bumper I had to do the same thing but moreso. The boxed quarter-panel covers required about 1.5"-2" of trim/re-box welding on each side to properly line up with the wheelwell/body lines and clear my tires.

The trim work was a PITA, but I'm happy with the end results, and other than that issue I like the bumpers a lot.

I had a trailready on my ZJ and winched it and my friends out of all sorts of places with no probs just using the stock mounts it is one stout bumper little big but strong as heck

Back