• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

top speed

Only the gps that I never bought knows what that buried needle meant on my stocker.

Is that because like my XJ the speedo indicates only upto 85 MPH? The same 85 MPH that the needle have passed so many times I begin to think it is there only to indicate where the fun begins.

i have a 98' 2wd for my DD with 380,000+ on the od..im the second owner...original motor and a head of one of my parts jeeps(94) ... speedo goes to 100mph and ive have it well over that a few times and it rolls like im doin 65.......love it much smoother ride than my 96 4wd...lol

I got my stock '96 up to 119 GPS before the limiter kicked in. I gotta say, it wasn't a bad ride...takes a while to stop though. :wave1:

I had my old '73 Chevy past the 100 mark on the GPS not long ago, now THAT was a hell of a ride in an old farm truck! :rof:

It's funny, both of those vehicles speedos stop at 85 but will do far more, while my '79 pickup has a 100mph speedo but is geared to do about 60 max. :laugh:

Back