• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tonights fun times or lack there of

PFunk242

NAXJA Member #1161
Well this afternoon me and some friends from my class at wyotech decided to head out and do some off roading. We found this fairly intresting trail nothing to exciting. Then we come accrost this creek and the one kid crosses it in a fairly easy manor. Then it is my turn i don't feal like taking the same line as him i want to go accrost the stream more. So i go accrost the stream get out of the other side w/o any trouble and then the bank gives out from under me and oh shit my chreokee is now laying on it's side in about 2 feet of watter. All of my windows down busted windsheild and buster rear quarter window. Pass front door will problay need to be replaced. My brand new digi cam that i had in my center console is now in the creek and won't work anymore(i hope to god it will dry out).

Well ^$^$^%$#^%$!!!!!!!!!

After about 3 hrs w/ a tow strap around my b piller and a comealong we get it mostly on it's wheels. Dig some of the bank away to help it to be able to get back on it's wheels. Then take the other cherokee that was w/ me and start yanking the front end sideways and then forwards to get it back on the mostly level ground. Then check the oil level thats still good yay. All right time to try cranking it over. SHIT nothing. We start checking fuses and relays. There all wet. Bust out the WD40 and start drying them all out. Still a no go. Crap One of them I can't even freaking rember what one of the relays is shot. So we drive in to autozone and then don't have the relay and it will take them two days to get one in.

Went and got a tarp from wallmart go back and cover up the two windows hanging wide open. Then grab all of the stuff that we can out of the car.

Hmmmm
So ya it was a Fun night.

Pics to come from one of the kids camra phones.

Last edited by a moderator:
im sorry... i dont do mud/water anymore... unless i have to.... after my buddy killed his $700 HAM radio...

wow... that really sucks. you just left it out there? Hopefully its on of those trails no one knows about. I remember a few years back some guy got it bronco stuck on a trail near where i live. He left it there and the next day i went back to see if it was there and it was all paint balled and the windows were smashed. went back the next day and it was gone. If i were you id be camping out there with it or trying to find a way to pull it out and tow it back to school. some people have no regard for other peoples vehicles at all. I dont get it.

Sorry for the rant... you leaving it out there just reminded me of that situation. Good luck in getting it back.

Belive me we pulled it as much as we could. There isn't enuff traction in the creek to pull it verry far. I wasn't to excited aobut just leaving it there but we don't really have any other choices. Also if some one would please do this for me. We swaped all of the diffrent releay around trying to figure out what one if any of them were bad and the paper we had it writen on got lost somewhere. So if someone coudl wirht down what number relay goes in what possition that woudl be verry appreashated. It is a 92 Cherokee.

Thanks

From a '93 FSM, should be the same for a '92:
pdc.jpg

FUSE & CIRCUIT BREAKER I.D. (POWER DISTRIBUTION)
1 - 60 Amp (Blue)
Generator Output.
2 - 30 Amp (Green)
Engine Control (ECU) - Fuel Pump, Injectors, Ignition Coil,
Oxygen Sensors, Generator Field, Engine Controller Automatic
Transmission Controller (ATCU).
3 - 40 Amp (Orange)
Fuse Block.
4 - 20 Amp (Yellow)
Hazard Lamps.
5 - 40 Amp (Orange)
Headlamp Switch.
6 - 50 Amp (Red)
Ignition Switch - Engine Controller, Fuel Pump Relay,
Automatic Shutdown Relay Coil.
7 - 40 Amp (Orange)
Heated Rear Window, Starter Solenoid.
8 - 40 Amp (Orange)
ABS Pump Motor.
9 - 60 Amp (Blue)
Generator Output.
10 - 30 Amp (Green)
ABS System.
11 - 15 Amp (Blue)
Ignition Switch - Back-up Lamps, A/C Relay Coil, Shift
Selector, Speed Control, Aux. Cooling Fan Relay Coil.
12 - 10 Amp (Red)
Automatic Transmission.
13 - 15 Amp (Blue)
Auxilliary Lamps - Fog Lamps, Underhood Lamps.
14 - 20 Amp (Yellow)
Engine Controller.
15 - 20 Amp (Yellow)
Aux. Cooling Fan.
16 - 10 Amp (Red)
Ignition Off Draw (1993), Radio/Clock Memory, Ignition Off
Draw, Dome Courtesy (1994-95).

RELAY IDENTIFICATION (POWER DISTRIBUTION)
* A - Aux. Cooling Fan Relay
* B - Fuel Pump Relay
* C - ABS Pump Relay
* D - Air Conditioning Relay
* E - Auto Shutdown Relay
* F - Starter Relay
* G - ABS System Relay

Awsome thank you for that. Well we were able to locate a fuel pump relay and drove it out today. No additonal damadge was done to in over night. I beet the drip rail up some and was able to open and close the pass front door.

GSequoia said:
RELAY IDENTIFICATION (POWER DISTRIBUTION)
* A - Aux. Cooling Fan Relay
* B - Fuel Pump Relay
* C - ABS Pump Relay
* D - Air Conditioning Relay
* E - Auto Shutdown Relay
* F - Starter Relay
* G - ABS System Relay

Ok but what part numbers are on the top of the relays? That is the part that is all messed up right now. The car is running but i don't want to kill a relay because it is gettting to much of a load threw it.

How do you like WYOTECH i'm planning on going there in the fall.

Grizzley said:
Well, there goes another potential NAC member. We're going to have to build a Great Wall of NAC or something. :dunno:

Sounds good to me, maybe we build it high enough we can keep some of the freakin rain that keeps coming across the midwest out of here.... have to be able to drop it in the winter though, I like the snow....

I'd pull all the fuses and relays, clean them out with a good plastic friendly contact cleaner. The allow them to dry out. I'd also flush the alternator with plenty of clean water and change the oil anyway just for GP's...

Grizzley said:
Well, there goes another potential NAC member. We're going to have to build a Great Wall of NAC or something. :dunno:
I was talkin' about the one in Blaisville PA

Wyotech is pretty good a good number of the kids are retarted though. you learn all kinds of stuff in class though.

Back