• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To whoever got Terry's engine/trans...

mcantar18c

NAXJA Forum User
I'll give you $100 for them. I'd offer more but that's all I have to my name.
I PM'd him within a few hours of him posting them up, and it was looking like they were mine, but someone else got to em first.
I don't know what you're using them for but I need my Jeep to get around. My CJ is the only vehicle I have and it now has a blown engine, so I'm stuck here inconveniencing friends to drive my ass around to my classes. I don't have the time to rebuild my engine and the $100 I have won't get me a full-on swap on craigslist... trust me, I've looked over just about all the options on there.
You'll be making $100 off parts you got for free, and I'll be back on my feet and able to get to my classes and keep applying for jobs. Win-win, no?

Mason
720-220-3157

Trying to swap out your 258/manual to a 360/auto isn't gonna be real cheap in the first place....... Motor mounts, trans mount, fuel system, cooling for the engine and trans, some electrical mods...... that 727 trans.... wasn't a 4x4 trans...... I don't think it's even a swap possibility - should be a long tail shaft trans being that it was in a motorhome.......

Wouldn't your money/time be better served finding a replacement 258?

Trying to swap out your 258/manual to a 360/auto isn't gonna be real cheap in the first place....... Motor mounts, trans mount, fuel system, cooling for the engine and trans, some electrical mods...... that 727 trans.... wasn't a 4x4 trans...... I don't think it's even a swap possibility - should be a long tail shaft trans being that it was in a motorhome.......

Wouldn't your money/time be better served finding a replacement 258?

I have a buddy that just picked up an LS2/tranny/fuel cell for his CJ, and was willing to give me all of his old mounts, fuel system, and the trans he had bolted to his 360 for the 727 and a hand with his swap. Everything was all lined up, I had pretty much all the parts I needed for free and I had a truck and cherry picker ready to go, all I needed to buy was the cooling system parts.
I looked on CL and couldn't find anything worth going for... anything under $100 didn't have a trans with it, and mine's on it's way out. So yeah, I can pick up another 258 and bolt it right in, but then when my tranny goes out (probably in the next few weeks) I'll be SOL.

I agree with troy!

What the hell happened to the engine in the cj?
Thrown rod?

That's what it sounds like to me. Most likely needs a valve job at the very least. And from the way the oil looked, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the cylinders are scored too :banghead:

Last edited:
Sorry Mason, he was the first to say he wanted it (just by a few minutes), although I think Troy was the first to ask questions about it.

He drove up from Pueblo to get it Monday. I don't think he's on NAXJA.

I'll forward this post to him on CO4x4.

Back