• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To stiffen or not to stiffen?!?

It wont fit. And when that stuff burns, it'll make you pass out, lol.

My jeep is blue (as you can see in the pic haha) but I just ground the undercoat off until I saw the blue paint. In the spots that had to be welded, it went bare.
Use a torch and a scraper to get it off, it works pretty quick and it still leaves all the paint behind. Make sure you wear a mask!

Then fit the stiffeners in place and mark wear your welding. Then you just need to grind off the paint where the marks are. Also spray the inside of the stiffeners with weldable primer

I am dealing with alot of cracking issues in my rig. I went way too long without installing stiffeners. It is so bad I am looking at a body swap by the end of the year. As said before, no matter how you wheel, stiffeners are a must.

Use a torch and a scraper to get it off, it works pretty quick and it still leaves all the paint behind. Make sure you wear a mask!

Then fit the stiffeners in place and mark wear your welding. Then you just need to grind off the paint where the marks are. Also spray the inside of the stiffeners with weldable primer

That's a good method, I used a wire wheel cause its the only thing i had.

Back