• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Choice LT or P

CBJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I will be purchasing tires for my soon -to-be 3" BDS lifted 1990 Wagoneer. I am looking at 30" x 9.5 or 235/75-15. The later seems to typically be a 28-29" tire. I am wondering if you'all are running LT load C tires or P series? I am trying to keep weight down as best possible, but am wondering about tire ruggedness?

My second question- Is there any benefit in changing to a 16" wheel if I am spending money on new wheels?

Funny, I have a BDS 3” on my 1989 Wagoneer.

With 16s it seems most tires with AT or MT tread are going to be load range E, stiff and heavy. I do have 245/75R16 because I got hooked up with old TJ Rubicon wheels.

I’d get LT tires or load range C (or higher).

Everything has pro's and con's. 16's allow big brakes but reduce the side wall. I have a hard time finding my size(265/75/16) in c's as most are d or e. Brand is probly the most important depending on your actual tire needs.

I will be purchasing tires for my soon -to-be 3" BDS lifted 1990 Wagoneer. I am looking at 30" x 9.5 or 235/75-15. The later seems to typically be a 28-29" tire. I am wondering if you'all are running LT load C tires or P series? I am trying to keep weight down as best possible, but am wondering about tire ruggedness?

My second question- Is there any benefit in changing to a 16" wheel if I am spending money on new wheels?

With 16s it seems most tires with AT or MT tread are going to be load range E, stiff and heavy. I do have 245/75R16 because I got hooked up with old TJ Rubicon wheels.

I would like to see pics of your Waggy.

I run 10plys and run 20-25lbs.
When im in trail mode ill run as low as 15 on street dirt and freeway. No reason to air down at trail heads.

Most jeeps dont need to run much over 25 regardless of 6 or 10 ply.

Chalk will help jeep pilots figure out the air they should be running but ive found jeep pilits are lazy as shit compared to aircraft pilots and dont tune theyre shit.

Everything Phil said.

I stick with my 15" wheels for load range "C".

Back