• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time to upgrade to a winch bumper...

I have a brand new still in the box ARB Full Bull bar winch bumper. It is for a 99-01 model XJ.
Sells new at 4-wheel parts for $950.00+tax.
You pick up $800.00 Cash. I live on the western slope.
Howard.

I believe that bumper is made by jdxj - he's a forum member. I've heard good things about his work too. It looks stout and quality work. To be honest, I'm going to be upgrading to a winch bumper this summer and that's the exact one I'm going to be getting. He's also in Colorado which is a big plus for me.

I believe that bumper is made by jdxj - he's a forum member. I've heard good things about his work too. It looks stout and quality work. To be honest, I'm going to be upgrading to a winch bumper this summer and that's the exact one I'm going to be getting. He's also in Colorado which is a big plus for me.

So the guy who owns Offroad Armor is a member here?

Whats going on with this then?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/off-road-bumper-2881849/

I know a lot of people on here are friends with Jd but i would seriously think twice about buying any of his products...after having the opportunity to see and fix some things he did when himself/one of his employees made and installed a front and rear bumper and sliders on an xj......Well all I can say is that I would never pay money for such poor products.

He posts on here. He is not a sponsor. My bumper is as well made as any.

I know a lot of people on here are friends with Jd but i would seriously think twice about buying any of his products...after having the opportunity to see and fix some things he did when himself/one of his employees made and installed a front and rear bumper and sliders on an xj......Well all I can say is that I would never pay money for such poor products.

I have seen a lot of sub par work but also some decent work as well. Hit or miss I guess but not my flavor.

I make em, for local pickup the price is $375/ or $400 if you want the dring mounts! I'm out out of town for a few days but will be home on Monday!
Jd719-313-0005

I make em, for local pickup the price is $375/ or $400 if you want the dring mounts! I'm out out of town for a few days but will be home on Monday!
Jd719-313-0005

So do you only rip off customers whom live out of state or...?

(taken from the thread above)

A-Hole update: Heard from JD that FedEx stopped by to pick up the bumper last Wednesday and he would get me a tracking number around 3pm. Didn't get the tracking number at 3pm and didn't get it the next day. I e-mailed him Friday expressing my frustrations and informed that if he did not provide me a valid and active tracking number by the end of the day, I would be asking for a refund. Well, guess what, nothing. I e-mailed him again this morning telling him that I am done dealing this situation and I want a full refund. If I don't hear from him by tomorrow morning, I'm going annoying toddler mode. I will contact him in every way I have available. I will flood his e-mail, his phone, and his facebook. I really don't like handling this way but not sure what else to do. I looked at PayPal's website to see what I can through them but I only saw options of contacting the seller through them. That's not going to solve anything.

Might as well just buy yourself a cheap HOBO-FREIGHT wire feed welder and a good 4.5 angle grinder and an assortment of cutting wheels and flap discs for it and build your own the metal will only run you about $150-ish for a combo of 3/16th with either 1/8th or 3/16th gussets ...An XJ is stupid simple to make a bumper for...lol...it's basicly just a box , so getting the shape to look good is pretty easy .

Well thanks for all the input. I still like JD's bumper, but reading jeepforum makes me worried. I would love to make my own, but with 3 kids and a new job, I won't have time.

Have never ripped off anyone, my grandmother had a stroke, and had a few late item all which have now either been shipped or refunded, just got back today from the funeral and from going through her estate but ALL off them have been shipped or refunded!
For local people I don't ask for payment till you pick it up anyway!

Have never ripped off anyone, my grandmother had a stroke, and had a few late item all which have now either been shipped or refunded, just got back today from the funeral and from going through her estate but ALL off them have been shipped or refunded!
For local people I don't ask for payment till you pick it up anyway!

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, however the timeline doesn't add up and neither does the story about the customer driving 1.5 hours to be stood up and get no response or the customer waiting 90 days for a bumper when you said it'd take 7. I like your products and they look great. But I'd much rather spend my money elsewhere that has good reviews and delivers on time. I looked at your bumper before I got my JCR vanguard, the reviews on your physical product were good but the customer service reviews made me go else where. Yeah I paid more, but I got my product super fast and it's at least as good of a product if not better. They also made every effort with me and were awesome to deal with. It sounds like theres just too many excuses with you man, which sucks because it's a quality product it seems.

It would be nice if everyone was perfect but we're all just mere humans and stuff happens.
I will be calling JD soon to look at getting a rear bumper. If I can hand him money and drive away with a bumper that I like, that will work for me.

Back