• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time to pick some trails!!!

ha ha ya tusher tunnel is a cool spot, i try to make a point to stop at it on my way out to the pickle.

and seven mile's "highlights" are an overlook, uranium arch great view plus drive in between moniter and Merrimac buttes and (i forget the name) but the famous slickrock sidehill just before wipeout hill.

Rusty Nail takes half the time and is more fun. :D

I second this comment.

My favorites in no particular order:

Pickle
Mashed Potato
Pritchett
Behind the Rocks (backwards)
Rusty Nail
Moab Rim (to the top where the lift used to be)
Cliffhanger
Metal Masher
Hells Revenge (to watch J9 show up the boys)

I would like to try Elephant Hill, especially if MJR will be out there this year (fingers crossed).

It's looking like I will be down there, but not at the start. Probably Wednesday evening. If anyone wants to do some of the long distance stuff like Mineral Basin, Lathrop Canyon via the Island in the sky returning via Potash, or even Elephant Hill (confluence optional), I could take a shot at leading them. I could be tail gunner on most all of the others except the most difficult, but I haven't had much experience spotting people and they don't like it when you spot them into a tree or a rock wall.

It seems like there is some interest in Elephant Hill, but it would need to be Tuesday or Wednesday, or take the place of 7 mile Rim on Saturday.

That may not be a bad idea as long as no one minds the Easy trail Saturday being Elephant hill.

We've got a week left for input on what you want to run.

I could also use a couple more leaders for Tuesday and Wednesday. If you're interested, PM me and I'll show you what we have planned for those days so far.

Back