• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time for Change

NAXJA covers such a large area out here that it gets split up by necessity. We got people from Vegas to Bakersfield to San Diego as part of SoCal Chapter. Most of those areas have monthly meets. I know San Diego holds at least one a month. Carol posts them regularly and sends out invites on FB.

And the economy/personal circumstances do play a big role for people. I've been unemployed for way too long because there's nothing available in Twentynine Palms outside of minimum wage part time jobs that expect you to commit to them and them alone. I've been blessed to have my GI Bill and UI to get me by, but I've got a wife and three kids. Screw wheeling trips, I'm worried about keeping up on the mortgage and feeding them. Plus, my Jeep is in no shape to go wheeling at the moment and my cash is going towards more important responsibilities.

Moab 2013 is in the Fall...30th anniversary of the XJ...giveaway rig, etc...:)

like i said family commitments, your always welcome to ride with me man, and if you want to you will! if not i, and you understand! but there ARE sub chapters and that makes a difference, its very "clicky" in here i think we all know that.

AWWWW poor you! The government doesnt give you enough money to support your family, AND go wheeling? OH POOR YOU!

Shouldnt you be out filling applications instead of over moderating, and in general, acting like you run the place?

dude really? i think i understand what your thinking but the way it comes across is pretty crass, not that it matters but i think that wasn't cool and should have been worded differently.

That was totally uncalled for Matt.
Sure I had my stabs at Justin also, but always in good spirit. Never met him, but always respected the service he has done for our Country.
A lot of members here have a hard time dealing with the economy and still keep on making the best of it.
No need to make fun of anybodys struggle.You will learn that when you get older.

this is why i love hawkeye!!!!!!! i hope you can make sense of this......

danke für die Unterstützung meines Landes. es macht mich glücklich, wenn eine Person kommt nach Amerika und liebt es. ich danke Ihnen für die Unterstützung und ich bin froh, dass wir in der Lage zu treffen waren und ich hoffe, Sie wiederzusehen. Sie waren immer fair und gerecht in Ihren Gedanken. Ich danke Ihnen dafür.

hope that worked lololol :moon:

damn i just spotted two bad translations lololol i meant you have been fair and just lolololololol

AWWWW poor you! The government doesnt give you enough money to support your family, AND go wheeling? OH POOR YOU!

Shouldnt you be out filling applications instead of over moderating, and in general, acting like you run the place?

Seriously?

Have you ever met Justin? He is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He will give you the shirt off his back and never think twice about it. I have known Justin a long time and it is an honor for me to call him my friend. Luckily for you Justin is the type of guy who can turn the other cheek and let this go.

Me on the other, I am not. If I ever see you struggling or broke on the side of the trail, good luck getting home. I will not be the one to extend an olive branch to help you out. Your actions here are total bullshit. You have always been an E-badass here. I took it as you were just immature. Now, I know you are.

For everyone else,

Yes this place is changing. I do not like it. I tend to bitch, moan, and complain about it too. We will never be back to the way it was. It has a ton to do with the economy, the XJ is becoming old news, and the tech is not new and exciting anymore. Think about it this way. The newest XJ out there is 11 years old. The under pinning are exactly the same as their 27 year old big brother the 84 XJ. There is only so much new info you can get on a 30 year old vehicle.

Additionally, the tech I need simple is not here. How many people have a Magnum V8 in their X/MJ? Two maybe three, including mine? The V8 was never a XJ option, but it was in a ZJ. I was forced to join NAGCA and Mallcrawlin for the tech.

I miss wheeling! I wish I still had a rig to do the hard stuff with. It is just not in the cards for me. I can’t take another $20K bath on a XJ when I get PCSed across the country. I am content right now building my son the best MJ out there.

Sure I had my stabs at Justin also, but always in good spirit. Never met him, but always respected the service he has done for our Country.
A lot of members here have a hard time dealing with the economy and still keep on making the best of it.
No need to make fun of anybodys struggle.You will learn that when you get older.
:wstupid: Justin's a good guy and seems to put in a fair amount of effort around here for the good of the club. Definitely uncalled for.

Sure I had my stabs at Justin also, but always in good spirit.
I may give Justin a hard time for stuff online, but he is a good dude IRL, I wouldnt hesitate to wheel/camp with him anyday.

danke für die Unterstützung meines Landes. es macht mich glücklich, wenn eine Person kommt nach Amerika und liebt es. ich danke Ihnen für die Unterstützung und ich bin froh, dass wir in der Lage zu treffen waren und ich hoffe, Sie wiederzusehen. Sie waren immer fair und gerecht in Ihren Gedanken. Ich danke Ihnen dafür.
Kayle wheels a jelly doughnut?

Come out to 29 Palms and find yourself a job that pays enough to support a family. The only stuff available to a non-college grad are a few jobs on base (which are all taken) and part time stuff. The part time stuff is all minimum wage and they expect you to put aside any other commitments including family life, 2nd jobs, schooling, etc if you expect to ever get anywhere. One of the local autoparts places offered me 20 hrs a week at at a max of 8.50/hr and told me that if I could come in everytime he called and make his place a priority, than maybe 6 months to a year down the road I might have a possible shot at going full time. Nope, sorry, I'm not gonna starve for 6 months for a possible shot at being able to afford Ramen. Instead I'm going to school and building skills to find better employment. You got a problem with that, then fine, just gives me better insight into who you are.

People claim that you're a cool dude in real life, but I think it's a front. I think the real you comes out online where there are no consequences and inhibitions drop.

People claim that you're a cool dude in real life, but I think it's a front. I think the real you comes out online where there are no consequences and inhibitions drop.
you mean just because i play a lesbian in the AOL w4w chatroom, i am one in real life?

I kind of understand where darky is at as far as limited emeployment options. Living in the middle of nowhere sucks for job searching. I commute from phelan all over so cal everyday. On a good day my job site is an hour from home. Darky have you thought about relocating? The way xcm chose hid wording was pretty harsh, I can kinda see what he was meaning to say. Take a closer look at his post and you might see the underlined message there. If you are donating your time here to the forums it is taking away from your time to make better for yourself and your family. I thank you for your service to our country and here to naxja but xcm might not have been completely wrong. Sometimes it tales that to get the brain rolling. Your buisness is your business and nobody should put it out on blast like that. But one thing I can say is that being unemployed or tight on money doesn't mean you have to be miserable. You have to do something for your self every now and then. I made a 6th of what I'm used to making last year and I still managed to build on my jeep and do things. The economy is in the hole routine is getting old. People need to quit using it as a crutch. Live life. It's way to short to be miserable.

Where the hell did you come from? :wave:
:twak:

I'm around still, just nothing on the forum warrants me posting up usually:anon:. Then I see a thread posted by Derek that says the same thing I said 4+ years ago. Sad part is the club and the forum both need each other to survive:kissyou: and if people acted like they do in person while online there would be a lot less drama and a much better time had by all:greensmok. Instead you have a BOD in the middle of those trying to get them to enforce rules stringently and those who don't want rules at all. It is not a enviable position in my book as either way they get slammed by someone.

After reading this thread in entirety and going through and reading a few others from the last couple months I see a member or two :firedevilwho seem to embody the issues causing the unrest. Maybe the members who see what I see can make those folks see the error of their ways :gee: It's just a idea but if people quit putting up with their antics they would go away.:hang:

I sold my last XJ a while back and I do not miss it at all. It is a lot cheaper for me to grab my RC's jump in the supra or even the tundra and run out to some place for the day spending less than $20 on average VS what $80-$90 just in one tank of fuel for the XJ on a local run let alone a trip down south or up to the con where you can do 5-6 tanks easily:shocked:. Factor in costs of repairs and maintenance from the wheeling trips and I come out well ahead of where I once was and I am just as happy.:rof:

I kind of understand where darky is at as far as limited emeployment options. Living in the middle of nowhere sucks for job searching. I commute from phelan all over so cal everyday. On a good day my job site is an hour from home. Darky have you thought about relocating? The way xcm chose hid wording was pretty harsh, I can kinda see what he was meaning to say. Take a closer look at his post and you might see the underlined message there. If you are donating your time here to the forums it is taking away from your time to make better for yourself and your family. I thank you for your service to our country and here to naxja but xcm might not have been completely wrong. Sometimes it tales that to get the brain rolling. Your buisness is your business and nobody should put it out on blast like that. But one thing I can say is that being unemployed or tight on money doesn't mean you have to be miserable. You have to do something for your self every now and then. I made a 6th of what I'm used to making last year and I still managed to build on my jeep and do things. The economy is in the hole routine is getting old. People need to quit using it as a crutch. Live life. It's way to short to be miserable.
Nobody's miserable, just don't have money for wheeling. I have fun and a life outside of the Jeep...

Time here isn't stopping me from anything. I just finished my Associate's degree a month ago and am enrolled to get my CDL in order to get back into employment. Funniest thing? Getting trained to find a decent job so I can get off unemployment just might screw me into having to repay $2500... Beautiful system. Rewarded for laziness, punished for trying to do something to better yourself.

I'm around still, just nothing on the forum warrants me posting up usually:anon:. Then I see a thread posted by Derek that says the same thing I said 4+ years ago. Sad part is the club and the forum both need each other to survive:kissyou: and if people acted like they do in person while online there would be a lot less drama and a much better time had by all:greensmok. Instead you have a BOD in the middle of those trying to get them to enforce rules stringently and those who don't want rules at all. It is not a enviable position in my book as either way they get slammed by someone.

After reading this thread in entirety and going through and reading a few others from the last couple months I see a member or two :firedevilwho seem to embody the issues causing the unrest. Maybe the members who see what I see can make those folks see the error of their ways :gee: It's just a idea but if people quit putting up with their antics they would go away.:hang:

:thumbup:

Thanks Dan...come back 'round soon. :wave1:

Yeah, but you live in PHELAN! Ofcourse you can take a huge pay cut & still afford to buy & build toys! :D Just ribbin ya bro. The problem with XCMs post (from how I read it) is that he targetted the wrong person. I don't like people who sit on their asses & collect a welfare check either, thing is Darky isn't doing that. Hes taking his unemployment check (or gi bill or whatever $$ he's got coming in) & trying to better himself so he can get back to work. Also in Darky's defense, I don't think BSing on the forum is hindering his schooling, or his ability to look for work.

... and if people acted like they do in person while online

I second that! Too many internet badasses. Sometimes people forget that the trash talkin (or scamming! Remember Kamaran? He ended up in jail for that crap he pulled didn't he?) they're doing here very well made lead to the real thing one day when NAXJA gets together for a run.

Sad part is the club and the forum both need each other to survive:kissyou: and if people acted like they do in person while online there would be a lot less drama and a much better time had by all
THIS
I second that! Too many internet badasses. Sometimes people forget that the trash talkin (or scamming! Remember Kamaran? He ended up in jail for that crap he pulled didn't he?) they're doing here very well made lead to the real thing one day when NAXJA gets together for a run.
this x 2 Never type what you wouldn't say to a persons face.

Back