• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Those of you that know Kris (ladywolf).......

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
She walked away from this with nothing more than a broken foot bone....... :eek:

IMAG0164.jpg

See the rest of the carnage here:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=245964349#post245964349

There's more too. The dude in the u haul was lucky I didn't kill him. On purpose or not. I give thanks to the people that helped me out of the truck and kept me calm, the KSP (ky state parole) and the EMS guys. Plus the man upstairs, I truly think there were other powers at work. I could have gone over the guardrail and down a ravine or the trailer full of fence posts I was hauling could have came through the cab. I'm still here for a reason. I hope to find out what that is.

Wow....I can't believe the airbags didn't deploy with that much of an impact.

I pray to God that guy bought insurance.

Wow....I can't believe the airbags didn't deploy with that much of an impact.

I pray to God that guy bought insurance.

He didn't. It wasn't even rented by him. His dad rented it and uhaul didn't verify that his personal insurance wold cover it. We got an attorney. Believe me, lots of screwed up issues with this one.

He didn't. It wasn't even rented by him. His dad rented it and uhaul didn't verify that his personal insurance wold cover it. We got an attorney. Believe me, lots of screwed up issues with this one.

9 times out of 10 the personal auto insurance will not cover hired vehicles, unless he paid for the rental with a credit card like AMEX, in which case the would have coverage through the CC company.

Did you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage on your policy? If you do, you can claim it against your insurance and the insurance company will subrogate (ie. tear that guy a new asshole) behind the scenes.

Worst case scenario is it'll get settled out of court and they'll have to liquidate their assets to pay for your damages. That usually takes a long time.

I do insurance claims analysis for a living so if you have any questions just PM me. I wish you luck.

Jim

9 times out of 10 the personal auto insurance will not cover hired vehicles, unless he paid for the rental with a credit card like AMEX, in which case the would have coverage through the CC company.

Did you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage on your policy? If you do, you can claim it against your insurance and the insurance company will subrogate (ie. tear that guy a new asshole) behind the scenes.

Worst case scenario is it'll get settled out of court and they'll have to liquidate their assets to pay for your damages. That usually takes a long time.

I do insurance claims analysis for a living so if you have any questions just PM me. I wish you luck.

Jim

Jim,
Thanks for the help. Yep, we had uninsured/underinsured, plus uhaul paid out the KY state minimums for propert and PI. Plus our insurance company. I had a really good attorney, plus I'm sure our insurance (USAA) is going to tear that dude up. Or Uhauls insurance.

Jim,
Thanks for the help. Yep, we had uninsured/underinsured, plus uhaul paid out the KY state minimums for propert and PI. Plus our insurance company. I had a really good attorney, plus I'm sure our insurance (USAA) is going to tear that dude up. Or Uhauls insurance.

Oh thank God...you purchased wisely. Smart lady.

The prick in the other vehicle has got some problems now though - not only will he have to pay Loss of Use for the Uhaul truck (#days the truck is out of rotation, plus damages, penalties, and fees) but he'll also have to pay restitution to USAA. I wouldn't want to be that guy.

Oh thank God...you purchased wisely. Smart lady.

The prick in the other vehicle has got some problems now though - not only will he have to pay Loss of Use for the Uhaul truck (#days the truck is out of rotation, plus damages, penalties, and fees) but he'll also have to pay restitution to USAA. I wouldn't want to be that guy.

Oh I totaled the uhaul. And it was a new one. When I mess stuff up, I do a bang up job of it!!!

Holy Keerap! I didn't even notice the lack of deployed air bags......... That is a bit of a shocker........

When I mess stuff up, I do a bang up job of it!!!

Indeed. I can bear witness......... she can be a train wreck....... :gag:

:D

Holy Keerap! I didn't even notice the lack of deployed air bags......... That is a bit of a shocker........

Indeed. I can bear witness......... she can be a train wreck....... :gag:

:D

Hahaha. Punk. You ain't seen nothing yet!

Yea, we thought it was weird that the airbags never went off.

Back