• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This forum needs more shuff to talk about

Fore Wheeler

MWC President
NAXJA Member
It's only 5 plus weeks away, and there's only a hand full of threads, I'm board so who's going to have new stuff to show off this year?

I'm going to be in a whole new rig, that is if I can get wheels to hold air, I'm planning on running Purg late Sat so when I roll to the trees (what's the prize anyhow?) I won't totally ruin the weekend. I'm also running 38's and setting on leather seats, my butt's gonna love the new rig.

I'm thinking of putting a few hundred pounds of lead on my roof too, just to be different.

what happend to the old rig? or did ya just want something new?

cheers,

jj

the motor went kaput, I broke glass out of it at the Tellico run, the windshield was real broke, the hatch was busted, the body was beat to sh!t, and it was ugly. I bought a 91 Limited for $300 that runs great, straight body and all the glass, I really couldn't pass it up, besides I sold the 242 for $200, the windshild visor for $60 so I'm into the new body for $40.

Here's the latest pic...

815gxjyellow-med.jpg

keeping my fingers crossed i'm gonna have my jeep there...running your old tires. basically all i have to do is find a place to get them mounted that doesnt want to charge me an arm and leg.

dan the rig is looking good. where the hell you guys finding these deals for under $500.

btw if anyone has a stock bumper they want to get rid of bring it winterfest and i will gladly take it off your hands for a few bucks.

cheers,

jj

Fore Wheeler said:
It's only 5 plus weeks away, and there's only a hand full of threads, I'm board so who's going to have new stuff to show off this year?

New truck, first time being at Attica. Small tires... sounds like I'm the one going to be picked on. :looney:

I've got TONS of work to do still in the next 5 weeks. I can't touch anything this week... I'm on 24/7 call. Nothing like being under the jeep when the phone rings and you have to play with a company laptop all greasy. Has to wait until next monday :(

TealV6 said:
New truck, first time being at Attica. Small tires... sounds like I'm the one going to be picked on.

don't know why everyone thinks cuz they don't have monster truck tires they're gonna get picked on, the truth of the matter is that the majority of the rigs at any NAXJA event are running 33 or smaller tires. I'm the one that should be picked on cuz I was stupid enough to put this kind of money into a rig, but then again I'm making up for the lack of penis size :D - but hey, it's not the size that matters!!

jjchgo said:
btw if anyone has a stock bumper they want to get rid of bring it winterfest and i will gladly take it off your hands for a few bucks.
cheers,
jj

Front or rear bumper? I've got a stock black rear off a 98 but one endcap is damaged/maybe lost and the other is a little modified. Let me know.

Pat

Fore Wheeler said:
I'm the one that should be picked on cuz I was stupid enough to put this kind of money into a rig, but then again I'm making up for the lack of penis size :D - but hey, it's not the size that matters!!

WAY too much info :moon:

Well... I'm still insecure about 6 inches of lift and 31's.... but damn if building axles the way I want aren't more than what I paid for the truck :smsoap:

I'm checking a rig out on friday that supposedly has a D44 rear..that might end up under my Heep.

Might even show up with a new bumper if the Jeep Gods smile on me.

Hopefully all of my tires will stay on this time.

Pat said:
Front or rear bumper? I've got a stock black rear off a 98 but one endcap is damaged/maybe lost and the other is a little modified. Let me know.

Pat

oh yeah might have helped if i made that part clear...lol. front bumper(96).
tealv6,ive been running the same 31's for about 3yrs now so dont worry about that. its more what ya do with it, then what ya got.

cheers,

jj

when I roll to the trees

what trees?

nope!

you roll on purgatory, you are rolling all the way!

no trees to stop you anymore.

teal, the only ones that get s hit are the big jeeps.

stockish jeeps are cool.

we are gonna have some guys down there with mildly built jeeps that will show you that theres nothing to be ashamed about, i can guarantee that.

do you have 6" of lift on 31's now?

Beezil said:
what trees?
do you have 6" of lift on 31's now?

Yep.... this is mine on the right.

twins.jpg

and no... there is no rack or tire on the top anymore :laugh2:

Nice thing about 31's in flex (I had to test it out after I put the lift on)

monsterflex.jpg

Josh, I've got a front bumper off a 99. No endcaps though. I'll bring it if you want it.

Sean

Beezil said:
what trees?

we are gonna have some guys down there with mildly built jeeps that will show you that theres nothing to be ashamed about, i can guarantee that.

I second that.

I think the most impressive Jeeps are the smaller ones that have a skilled driver.(or one dumb enough to try it)
I was quite impressed with the Oct 15th crew.

GI-John said:
a skilled driver.(or one dumb enough to try it)

This should be fun figuring out which one of those I am. It might be the second.. I was dumb enough to follow a TJ through a trail and pin the truck against a tree (the GF's xj, not this one). Wheeler was there... He might be able to say which I am... :eyes:

sean or rufies...i will take either one. i'm not to worried about endcap...my jeep already looks like shit. will the newer bumpers still fit the older model? thanks guys i owe ya.

beezil where can i get my tires/rims mounted? ya got any inside info and dont give me no shit about not living in the city :looser:

cheers,

jj

Back