• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Theres a theif amongst us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivedrabcj7

NAXJA Member #1384
I bought some tires from an individual that goes by "chero-scrambler1" on the boards. Im in Arkansas and he is in Texas so I bought them without being able to physically view them. They were described to me as being in good shape and all holding air. When I got them they all had air in them, I noticed the rims were beat up pretty good and the tires were rock rashed kinda funny but oh well, they held air.

Well about 10 days later, theyre ALL flat. sitting next to my house, not even on my jeep yet. With the tires flat, you get a better view of the rims and how badly bent they are. After further investigation...I found out these tires were involved in a moderate speed rollover crash. He failed to mention that. He has replied to my PMs saying "the tires were fine when they left my place" which basically leaves the idea that somewhere in transit, somebody mounted these tires up, rolled their rig off the grand canyon, aired them back up, and delivered them to me.

The guy has refused to refund me my money, or do anything at all to make it right. This is a bad seller and I'm ashamed to have him as a fellow Jeeper.

Chero-Scrambler1 - If you read this, I didnt want to blast you but you've left me no option. Im calling you out on this and I will give these tires back if you refund my money. You sold me some trashed tires and wheels and you know it. Im giving you a chance to do the right thing in front of thousands of your peers. I suggest you take it or your name will be dirt on here, at the ORV park, and every other forum I can think of.

WTF we really have people in this community that are thieves. Chero-Scrambler1 you should be ashamed to call your self a Jeeper. We (jeepers) do the right thing to help out a fellow Jeeper not screw them over.

Thanks for passing this Info.

You are an ASs dude give the guy his money back. You know some of us have to WORK for our money every damn day. So do the right thing and give the man his money back. If not i hope he finds you and beats the hell out of you! :D

We have one side of the story, so it's probably not the best move here to assume that what the poster said is fact and talk smack, or take sides.

If it is fact, I feel bad for him, he bought a pig in a poke.

As unpopular as this may be, Caveat Emptor seems to cover this situation.

If the tires were used offroad, or as you suggest, involved in a rollover, then its entirely possible there's just some crap caught in the beads causing them to leak. I'd spray them with some soapy water and see where they leak. If they're leaking on the beads, then break the bead, clean them up and they should hold air just fine.

so did he tell you they were good rims or what? are the tires thrashed? were you buying the tires for the rims?

if its just the rims get new ones an quit yer bitchin... :dunno:

Do you even have a wheeler still?

People get ripped off here EVERY DAY. Usually they bitch to me about it.

Hell, my best friend was ripped off by a user here a month and a half ago, for quite a sum of cash too. That one is probably going to end up in court.

If you didnt make a solid satisifaction agreement up front, *and* get pictures of the tires/wheels, the fault is as much on you as the next guy. Doesn't make misrepresenting them OK, but 'good' tires are subjective and you should have known what you were in for.

If the tires were used offroad, or as you suggest, involved in a rollover, then its entirely possible there's just some crap caught in the beads causing them to leak. I'd spray them with some soapy water and see where they leak. If they're leaking on the beads, then break the bead, clean them up and they should hold air just fine.

My thoughts too. If the tires look good (rubber not cracked, chewed, torn, etc) then it's gotta be bad valve stems or debris in the bead from the roll. Use soapy water in a spray bottle and spray the valve stem w/o the cap on and then around the wheel/bead. Look for bubbles.

If they bubble around the bead, lay the tires on the ground with the valves removed from the stems so there's no air in the tires. You can use a high-lift under a solid bumper and use the base of the high-lift to break the bead. Clean out the bead, check for small debris embedded in the rubber, then re-seat that bead. Flip the tire/wheel over and do the other side.

The only other concern then would be if any of the wheels are true after the roll...... :dunno:

I'm going to start producing roll cages... deposits wil be accepted up front.

:gag:

Off to home depot for some PVC and glue :D

He lives in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I have family 15 minutes outside of there. He also works in a warehouse out there from reading his post. It would not be hard to track him down and have a few cousins make a visit, to collect! We should not allow this, if he says they hold air and they don't then I say he screwed you regardless if you saw them in pictures or not.

I can also get ahold of my uncle(sergeant for DFW police) and see what he can do maybe make a house call while on duty. This just gets my blood boiling.See people just don't realize that it really is a small world and the internet may protect you temporarily but not forever.

Sean

He lives in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I have family 15 minutes outside of there. He also works in a warehouse out there from reading his post. It would not be hard to track him down and have a few cousins make a visit, to collect! We should not allow this, if he says they hold air and they don't then I say he screwed you regardless if you saw them in pictures or not.

I can also get ahold of my uncle(sergeant for DFW police) and see what he can do maybe make a house call while on duty. This just gets my blood boiling.See people just don't realize that it really is a small world and the internet may protect you temporarily but not forever.

Sean

Are you serious?

This is a he said, she said problem. For all we know, a little maintenance and everything will turn out fine. You want to call in personal favors to go track the guy down and harass him because someone else said he got ripped off on a "sight unseen" transaction on used goods?

The classifieds in any forum are buyer beware. If you can't lay your hands on it, you need to be prepared for the consequences. If you don't know the person, there is a considerable amount of trust involved.

Let's not jump to conclusions. Like someone said, you've heard one version. But you suggesting you'd actually take time out of a paid law enforcement officer's day to follow up on an internet forum parts transaction is just as much a douchebag move as selling bad parts to someone. :twak:

I'm going to start producing roll cages... deposits wil be accepted up front.

:gag:

Off to home depot for some PVC and glue :D

Fill it with cement to add weight & stability. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back