• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The SoCalFest Camping thread

Who wants to split a campsite with a big e350 van 4x4 with a dirtbike? I'm sleeping in the van so my footprint is small.
I believe that there is only 1 vehicle + trailer allowed on each site.

I think some folks are coming up for day trips, and the venue change threw a few folks for a loop as well.

I blame the BB campground concessionaires =)

Wow, a whole 18 people. What happened to the SoCal Fests of old?

Make that 19. That weekend just opened up for me so I'm pretty much committed. Guess I better go order a shirt, huh? :rolleyes:

We're still about 15 shirts shy of the minimum. I hate "guessing" on what to order for extras, especially for 15 extras...

I talked to John at United Apparel today & he gave us until Mon 4/16 for absolute drop-dead deadline... But that'll be it, for any number of reasons.

Remember, you can order COD, pick up at the event, too...

http://services.nicandjosh.com/naxjashop/http://services.nicandjosh.com/naxjashop/

Last edited:
i think i'm out. i dont trust the jeep enough to drive that far, it's got some issues i need to iron out and i dont think ill have time before next weekend. anyone want to buy my site, #21?

i think i'm out. i dont trust the jeep enough to drive that far, it's got some issues i need to iron out and i dont think ill have time before next weekend. anyone want to buy my site, #21?

Say whaaaaa? You mean to tell us your ultimate build has some bugs in it? Oh yea i know that feeling. It's called a jeep! Get to fixin man, you have a week.

Drive the van and do the scenic run
This.
Say whaaaaa? You mean to tell us your ultimate build has some bugs in it? Oh yea i know that feeling. It's called a jeep! Get to fixin man, you have a week.
No kidding, either way you should come. As of right now I still need to fix the mounts on my D30HP and swap it in. Otherwise I'll still be 2wd only. These MTR-k's should do just fine in the sand tho.

its mostly highway drivability issues. no bueno. i think i have possibly a bad bushing or two in the radius arms, needs an alignment, get some vibes in the front end (doesnt seem like death wobble), and the rear locker doesnt seem to work right.

plus it works just good enough to make the easy stuff feel boring, but not good enough to make any hard stuff.

Last edited:
Bad bushings already? That's only two trips with it. Dude your gonna miss out on the annual event! And you went from no lockers to two. Just use one and make it challenging.

I still only have one locker!

As far as the no bueno on the freeway part, welcome to the club! Just slow down, and she'll hold together.

Dan, you have to go!! We can strap you to my roof, if need be, but it'll be a heckuva ride, since I don't have a roof rack to hang onto...

Seriously, bring the van, someone can probably scrounge you up a seat.

I think Karen's riding with me, but if she decides to bring her own rig, you can ride with me (I may just do the scenic tour, though). Or my back seat should be available (don't say it!) as I intend to unpack at least 75% of my Jeep at camp.

Back