• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Roosternator

when he gets in and out it rises and drops :D

exactly what Nate said. I started out w/ 2" Budget Boost and have worked up and down through various stages of building and virtually every lift spring height available. I am actually going to drop it back down after Winterfest and run less lift with bigger tires adn a lot more cutting. Thinking the 4.5-5.5" lift range with 36's. Right now I am at @ 8" of lift w/ 36's and it is just a big dumb animal with under built axles. I am not really wanting toput my D60 under this rig, would rather save it for a buggy project later.

exactly what Nate said. I started out w/ 2" Budget Boost and have worked up and down through various stages of building and virtually every lift spring height available. I am actually going to drop it back down after Winterfest and run less lift with bigger tires adn a lot more cutting. Thinking the 4.5-5.5" lift range with 36's. Right now I am at @ 8" of lift w/ 36's and it is just a big dumb animal with under built axles. I am not really wanting toput my D60 under this rig, would rather save it for a buggy project later.

My thoughts exactly. There's no sense in doing more than an 8.8 swap in a full bodied rig.

I've ran 34's and 3-4" of lift for a while now. it's probably going to end up a touch higher than that after get the suspension finished up this time. Shooting for 4-5" up front with the RE springs, and 5-6" in the back with Chevy 63's outboarded to XJ width perches.

87 "will flex like a mutha" manche

new 33" bfg at's

pictures217.jpg

pictures218.jpg

pictures219.jpg

now to just bumpstop it and im ready to wheel WF

so this thing needs a new muffler the stock one rusted a hole through it

id like to get something that sounds good but is pretty cheep trying to keep it under 50 bucks

any sugestions? i though about getting a glasspack style but there really loud right

Try pep boys they have thrush?? think thats what its called. Think it is around 50. That what I run.

thanks guys i will have to look in to them

get a flowmaster super 44!!!! had on on my old xj and loved the sound!!!! i am going to be putting one on this xj when i get a newe header and redo the exhuast.

$62.50 shipped off ebay

Well i pulled it in the shop yesterday to do an oil change put some hockey pucks in for bump stops and take a look at the exhaust it turns out the exhaust isn't leaking from the rust hole in the muffler (yet) the bolts holding the muff pipe to the cat pipe lost there nuts so i had to put in new bolts and nuts and were golden, i will replace the muffler when i can afford something like that flowmaster 44

REW'just said muff,cat, and nuts all in one sentance'STER

so the WF swapmeet thread was good to me,picked up a front skid,BFG AT for a spare and a set of JCR stage 2 rock rails

037.jpg

035.jpg

funny thing about the rock rails is........ its too late

032.jpg

banged up a little more sheet metal so this summer its getting a lower 1/4 cut n fold

033.jpg

034.jpg

not sure if you can even see it in those pics but both corners or the rear bumper and both lower1/4's self clearnced thm selfs

I happen to know a guy that can make a nice custom rear bumper with wrap around sides for a cut n fold set up :dunno:

^^ "Like"

I happen to know a guy that can make a nice custom rear bumper with wrap around sides for a cut n fold set up :dunno:

:D we might have to talk.....

the hit that did the dammage also pushed the rear bumper into the hatch so i really have to slam it shut

:D we might have to talk.....

the hit that did the dammage also pushed the rear bumper into the hatch so i really have to slam it shut

Open hatch,smack bumper with hammer,close hatch.

JIM.

Open hatch,smack bumper with hammer,close hatch.

JIM.

that's the plan for now :D

i was thinking of cleaning up and repainting that skid and sliders but im not gonna be winning the prettiest rig award any time soon so i will probably just slap them on there

Bumper met BFH and now the hatch closes just fine.

also started pulling carpet, got the rear cargo area out and there is no rust :D plan to lay down some bedliner on the whole inside. we will see if i get lucky and have no rust on the rest of the truck

this was unexpected but thanks to an insider tip in the important thread i picked up some hella 500's for the front bumper and 500ff's for the roof rack :D 30 bucks total

IMAG0072.jpg

Back