• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The plastic 'bulb' behind the bumper...

If you are putting a new front bumper on, you could re-route the vac lines and put the canister in the engine compartment. I stuck mine behind my fuse box.

Well is there gonna be any problems if I take it off temporarily? I disconnected it since I had the bumper off to put my tow hooks on.

EvanH said:
Well is there gonna be any problems if I take it off temporarily? I disconnected it since I had the bumper off to put my tow hooks on.
Yes it will cause problems. Especially with your ventalation system. Jut reroute those lines thru the engine compatment like he said above and stuff it between the firewall and fusebox. Done !

You'll notice a high idle, malfunctoning HVAC controls, malfunctioning Cruise control, and probably a CEL. I temporarily plugged the line before I got around to re-locating the reservoir, that solved the high idle and CEL, but HVAC functionality and CC were still ifffy. Quickest and best solution is just pull that vac-line back into the engine compartment and stuff the ball in there somewhere.

After a nasty run in with a parking lot pole, my vaccum canister has been ripped and torn and now has 3 pretty big holes in it, but everything seems to run fine..no trouble codes have popped up, and engine is performing fine, but that's just my experience

You'd notice an issue with the vents/cruise when at wide open throttle. The lack of vacuum at WOT is replaced with vacuum stored in the vacuum resivoir.

You could mount it on the inside of the front crossmember, between the engine crank and steering box seems to be a great place. Get a foot or so of vacuum line. That's what I did! Works.

I've always had it on so I don't know what problems it would cause, but as Blaine B. just posted before you, it will cause problems with the vents. I'd replace the bulb. If it's not the problem, well just continue on with the process of elimination till you got er.

Back