• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3d XJ parts library ?

Matt89XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody know if there is a good source for CAD models for XJ parts ?

In particular I need to make a plastic end cap for the OEM roof rack rail that was broken a few years ago.

A perfect use for my bew 3d printer since the part is plastic.

thx

Matt

I have never heard of any, your going to need to find someone that can scan one!

Have you trolled thingiverse and the other STL file repos yet? Start there.

Otherwise this is a perfect project to get your head wrapped around FreeCAD/Blender/Prusa/Fusion/whatever. Given the variability of prints between makes/models and uploaded models you might be better served creating it yourself.

Thanks. I have search some through the online libraries. It would be nice if jeep released all of the drawings now unless they are sekretly planning a Classic XJ release and then they might convince me to buy a new one.

I would not expect a major manufacturer to ever give away intellectual property. Nor should any one think less of them for that. No one has a right to anyone else's intellectual property.

I think Varmint #1 managed to find an STL file on thingyverse for a window crank knob. We were not successful with that one though. It snapped on installation. Maybe if we had heated it up first it would have worked.

You might try reaching out to Boot13. He was trying to do things 6 or 7 years ago. He made some great dash panel mods for me. I don't know how far he went with his own stuff.

That would be amazing, but you're probably gonna have to measure and sculpt your own 3D prints. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

I'd love to find a good quality scan of the 87-96 and 97-01 engine bays less all powertrain parts for engine swap planning purposes but I won't be surprised if no one's going to post that.

This guy has some interesting parts on Etsy. I bought these after removing the rear lift gate panel on my 96 Jeep XJ. Not only did I break all the christmas tree retainers, but also quite a few of the plastic mounting clips that are located on the panel door.

Here is the link to the other items he will 3d print for you.

This guy has some interesting parts on Etsy. I bought these after removing the rear lift gate panel on my 96 Jeep XJ. Not only did I break all the christmas tree retainers, but also quite a few of the plastic mounting clips that are located on the panel door.

Here is the link to the other items he will 3d print for you.

That is a neat product. I could probably use those.

For the future of NAXJA it might be worth considering adding our own parts library. NAXJA already has a reputation for the tech info. Why not also be the collectors of STL files and the like?

FWIW, Varmint #2 created file for printing a "Heep" hatch logo, available in both .IPT and .STL

Awesome work! This is what I like to see.

Maybe get a spool of carbon nylon to make it last.

Awesome work! This is what I like to see.

Maybe get a spool of carbon nylon to make it last.
I'll start with bumper paint and see how that works. I only have and Ender-3 V3 so printing more exotic materials in not possible currently.

Back