• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Ok so the Honda is at the dealership right now getting checked out, and they just came back to me saying they will replace the pressure plate and throwout bearing under warranty. They are recommending replacing the clutch disk while its all apart, and save on labor in the future.

56K miles on it now. $660 to replace the clutch while its apart, otherwise $1450 for a clutch job in the future. I have looked at other cars, but I haven't found anything that jumps out at me that I definitely want. Thoughts?

(I can't change it myself, or else I void my 100K mile powertrain warranty)

THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Have them fix what's wrong and then trade it in when you find something. Unless you can swing it and think I new clutch will net you more when you trade it in.

Ok so the Honda is at the dealership right now getting checked out, and they just came back to me saying they will replace the pressure plate and throwout bearing under warranty. They are recommending replacing the clutch disk while its all apart, and save on labor in the future.

56K miles on it now. $660 to replace the clutch while its apart, otherwise $1450 for a clutch job in the future. I have looked at other cars, but I haven't found anything that jumps out at me that I definitely want. Thoughts?

(I can't change it myself, or else I void my 100K mile powertrain warranty)

Dude **** that car, get it rid of it and buy absolutely anything other than that car. Get some *** ass mini cooper, you'll be a ****ing homo for life and even pat wont be able to ride with you since even his dick is too big to fit in one of those, but at least you'll be able to drive to work and back without having to drop it off at the dealership.

Also, bonus points for buying a car so ****ing gay we have one more thing to make fun of you for.

Why the hell would the clutch need replacing at 56k miles. Hell it should last for 120k easy in a car. Unless you shift like an ass.

the last Honda dealership I was at I sat down in the service advisors office and saw an autozone clutch sitting there.

I'd make sure that 660 dollars worth of clutch parts was buying me OEM stuff.
I'm also calling bullshit on the "you void your warranty" scare.

I'd also like to know how they deemed the pressure plate was fubar under warranty, but won't cover your clutch disk. If the plate is jacked, wouldn't that jack the clutch plate as well, and be the fault of the pressure plate?

Have you called the honda rep or are you just dealing with the dealer? F the dealer, go straight to the regional Honda corporate rep.

Why the hell would the clutch need replacing at 56k miles. Hell it should last for 120k easy in a car. Unless you shift like an ass.

Why should a slave cylinder last only 52K, and then need to be replaced 4 months/4K miles later? Why should lower ball joints need to to be replaced in under 40K, then a second time around 5K later. Why did 3rd and reverse gear need to be replaced at 25K? The idler tensioner, motor mount, door lock solenoid, etc.

Because I am cursed, that is why.

the last Honda dealership I was at I sat down in the service advisors office and saw an autozone clutch sitting there.

I'd make sure that 660 dollars worth of clutch parts was buying me OEM stuff.
I'm also calling bullshit on the "you void your warranty" scare.

I'd also like to know how they deemed the pressure plate was fubar under warranty, but won't cover your clutch disk. If the plate is jacked, wouldn't that jack the clutch plate as well, and be the fault of the pressure plate?

Have you called the honda rep or are you just dealing with the dealer? F the dealer, go straight to the regional Honda corporate rep.

That is a good question, considering they have told me in the past that my throwout bearing is bad, and is not under warranty. I dropped it off to have the slave cylinder replaced for a 2nd time, (replaced under warranty in Feb 2014), and to ask if it could be an input shaft bearing (which is covered) rather than the throwout bearing. Called within 1/2 hr of being dropped off, "can you come back and take it for a ride with the techs, they can't duplicate the noise with the pedal."

I've only spoken with the dealership. I've been considering calling the Honda corporate.

read the fine print for yourself for whats covered and not covered and calling honda might help if you just list out everything that is wrong with it how you are thinking of selling in and will never buy a honda product again. they can pull some strings

Honda cannot void your warranty for you doing a clutch or otherwise they would have to provide it for free. Same thing for you being able to use any oil filter, air filter, oil, etc. If Honda claims if you use anything besides the OEM Honda one or they threaten a warranty issue, that is illegal unless they provide it at no-cost as part of the initial purchase. See the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

Honda cannot void your warranty for you doing a clutch or otherwise they would have to provide it for free. Same thing for you being able to use any oil filter, air filter, oil, etc. If Honda claims if you use anything besides the OEM Honda one or they threaten a warranty issue, that is illegal unless they provide it at no-cost as part of the initial purchase. See the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
No, they only require the the oil change, etc be done by a certified mechanic. That way Joe Smoe doesn't try changing the oil, forget to put the filler plug back in, and run it dry and claim the engine is faulty. They essentially need to have someone to blame. If I was to change the clutch myself, and then all of a sudden it let go and damaged the engine/transmission internals, I would be liable for that because a certified mechanic did not change it.

And here I thought Hondas were supposed to be reliable.
Ya seriously, me too.

read the fine print for yourself for whats covered and not covered and calling honda might help if you just list out everything that is wrong with it how you are thinking of selling in and will never buy a honda product again. they can pull some strings
Ya, that was my plan. I have all my service records in an overflowing file folder, I was going to list everything out and then call them.

$660 for a clutch disc? Is made of ****ing golden omfgunobtainium?

Labor should be almost nothing since they have to take the entire thing apart to replace the TO bearing and pressure plate anyways. Why so much more to replace the disc with a new one while they have it out?

Just brought home 4'x8' sheets of aluminum in .060", .090", and .120" thickness, and a 4'x4' sheet of 16ga steel. Starting floors, firewalls, and dash/console this weekend. :)

Also all my Ruffstuff stuff showed up today, this box had strapping and shrink wrap around the whole thing. Held up a lot better and now I have plenty of trick tabs for panel mounting.

Also got a rivet nut tool which seems pretty neat. Will definitely get some use outta that.

Just brought home 4'x8' sheets of aluminum in .060", .090", and .120" thickness, and a 4'x4' sheet of 16ga steel. Starting floors, firewalls, and dash/console this weekend. :)

Also all my Ruffstuff stuff showed up today, this box had strapping and shrink wrap around the whole thing. Held up a lot better and now I have plenty of trick tabs for panel mounting.

Also got a rivet nut tool which seems pretty neat. Will definitely get some use outta that.

Do you have a build thread yet?

Bill if I have to tell you one more time no beer at Epping I'm gonna have to spank you.

Back