• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

How did I know it was Brian you guys were talking about, kid is a tool.

i removed myself from those groups lol. the jeep-kid fanaticism on LI is crazy. half the reason why i didnt want another jeep... i like being different.

Ok, I finally have a minute to type this out.

Connecticut SUCKS

This is the 3rd time now I've tried to by something from a dealer in CT and they've ended up being nothing more than transplants from NJ whose idea of quality is far from any of ours.

I'm shopping for a new lawn mower since I figured I could probably get a good deal on a leftover unit given that is it off season and the new ones will be arriving at the dealers in a couple months. So I started calling around, found a dealer in CT that had exactly what I wanted for a good price. Well long story short, we went and looked at the leftover and was very prepared to buy, cash on hand and trailer in tow. That's when CT folk kicked in.. the sales guy was very misleading on the phone to say the least.
It was not a 2012/13 leftover it was a 2009 leftover and looks like it was the parts donor for others. Ripped used seat, scratches all over the hood down to the metal, dents next to the trans neutral pull like it was rear-ended, throttle linkage all gummed up and stuck and almost 70 hours on the clock. The guy even had the gall to say "Well I told you the price what did you think you were getting? I'm selling it as new so the warranty starts today." Certainly not new and certainly not worth the cost of a new unit or only $500 off MSRP. We drove 2.5 hours one way with the trailer down to CT for nothing.
Kahn Tractor? sounds like them

Kahn Tractor? sounds like them

Nope.
New England Cycle / Power Products.

I've got a verbal hold on one from the dealer we've used before in VT. Getting a good price on it. I should have just dealt with him from the beginning. It is the new model with some electronics on it but I'm not going to avoid that these days. I called the manufacture and according to them there isn't a single NOS model that I'd be interested in on the east coast.

The only other option was to step up to a larger tractor (more $$ and beyond what I need with the other tractor I already have) or try to find a used one. The issue with the used one is nobody takes care of stuff like most of us do. It'll sit outside or even if inside almost nobody cleans the underside of a mower deck at all let alone the several times a year I do; so it ends up being a rusty mess with bad spindles. Or they use those new god-awful "water clean ports". How people think those work is beyond me.

TRACTORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

BUY ANOTHER TRACTORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

:D

i removed myself from those groups lol. the jeep-kid fanaticism on LI is crazy. half the reason why i didnt want another jeep... i like being different.

Because there are probably no other stock Landrovers on Long Island

Oh and sorry for ruining the Jeep, Jeep, Nova, Jeep, Land Rover, Jeep, VW, Jeep, Nova, Jeep, Jeep, Jeep, Mopar, Jeep talk for something else with an engine.

:moon:

so calling out tomorow, fell like absolute shit. got enough money to either buy somthing to eat as im ****ing starving or some nyquil.

Fine.
I will, but only a lawn tractor this time. No need for another "real" one. ;)

What kind? If it's got electronics on it, there's a good chance that we make the electromagnetic clutch for the blade engage. :)

My little Craftsman works great, except instead of a float in the carb it has a solenoid, which occasionally gets stuck open. Then the whole gas tank empties into the cylinder/crankcase. Happened twice before I figured it out and now I just kick the solenoid on my way off the machine. So yeah, screw electronics on mowers.

THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

****ing hipster.

Btw I like the new rig. Does it have heated seats? I'd like to have a toasty bum while you choufour me around class 6's at rocktoberfest.

****ing hipster.

Btw I like the new rig. Does it have heated seats? I'd like to have a toasty bum while you choufour me around class 6's at rocktoberfest.
your trucks 4wd

I'm aware. I didn't even want body damage on the jeep. Not going to risk it on the truck.

Pussy.

Speaking of which, I got some body damage to my pretty truck last week. I was unloading pellets into my dads container and the wind caught the door. Got a nice dent on the DS just behind the tire. Dundy popped out the main dent, still need to get behind it and fix it up more though.

Back